IndiaDivine.org

Flowers, Plants, & Trees Sacred To Durga

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Namaste Group:I am growing some sacred basil and I managed to get some seeds from a Betel tree. (Let's hope it grows up here in Washington State.) I was wondering what plants, trees, or flowers are sacred to Maa Durga. I have heard that Hibiscus is sacred to Maa Kali, and I have actually tried to procure Kusha grass, but I can't find it.Any other ideas for plants, trees, or flowers?Shanti Om,Shankari

From what Swamiji says and from research I have done.Found that it is a type of crab grass. I use crab grass from my yard.Jai Maa,

Devi--- On Fri, 10/24/08, Shankari Kali <shankari_kali wrote:Shankari Kali <shankari_kali[www.ShreeMaa.org] Flowers, Plants, & Trees Sacred To Durga Date: Friday, October 24, 2008, 9:55 AM

Namaste Group:I am growing some sacred basil and I managed to get some seeds from a Betel tree. (Let's hope it grows up here in Washington State.) I was wondering what plants, trees, or flowers are sacred to Maa Durga. I have heard that Hibiscus is sacred to Maa Kali, and I have actually tried to procure Kusha grass, but I can't find it.Any other ideas for plants, trees, or flowers?Shanti Om,Shankari

I have heard that devotees offer limes to our Mother Durga, as they are considered to be pleasing to Her.Jai Maa !--- On Fri, 10/24/08, Shankari Kali <shankari_kali wrote:Shankari Kali <shankari_kali[www.ShreeMaa.org] Flowers, Plants, & Trees Sacred To Durga Date: Friday, October 24, 2008, 9:55 AM

Namaste Group:Happy Diwali! I found out on another group that Kusha grass is Vetivert, and can be obtained from http://www.richters.com/Web_store/web_store.cgi?show=list & prodclass=Herb_and_Vegetable_Seeds & cart_id=3744836.24233He is currently out of Vetivert right now. My sacred Basil grows great inside, but the weeds rapidly take over it outside. I was also wondering because Sacred Mother is associated with bees (she is called bee-like in various texts) if we could plant Lavender or Vervain which attracts quite a number of bees.Shanti Om!Shankari Kali

Wonderful information thank you!Jai Maa,

Devi--- On Tue, 10/28/08, Shankari Kali <shankari_kali wrote:Shankari Kali <shankari_kali[www.ShreeMaa.org] Re: Flowers, Plants, & Trees Sacred To Durga Date: Tuesday, October 28, 2008, 11:48 AM

Namaste Group:Happy Diwali! I found out on another group that Kusha grass is Vetivert, and can be obtained from http://www.richters .com/Web_ store/web_ store.cgi? show=list & prodclass=Herb_ and_Vegetable_ Seeds & cart_id=3744836. 24233He is currently out of Vetivert right now. My sacred Basil grows great inside, but the weeds rapidly take over it outside. I was also wondering because Sacred Mother is associated with bees (she is called bee-like in various texts) if we could plant Lavender or Vervain which attracts quite a number of bees.Shanti Om!Shankari Kali