IndiaDivine.org

to vish about relationship goald

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear vish ~ I have just started reading "Before Becoming This," so had read much of what you wrote in your post. But I'm glad you posted it because being reminded is a great boon. I will have to go back and re-read what I just read because I thought that Maa addressed what to do if your partner was not able to share your spiritual goals, in general and for the relationship.

We do share, in common, some important relationship desires: to Love and Respect each other and to be together in pure Devotion. It is just that David does not put this in a spiritual context, while I do. He also has the desire that I be able to do these without needing constant reassuring (I have always been very insecure with relationships, fearing my partner will leave or will get mad, etc. So I have a bit of extra work to do.)

I know David always feels his goals, actually stated directly in one of our therapy sessions, but as I said, I am a bit insecure so I fall off the Devotion train periodically, because, to me, devotion means, among other qualities, Trust, and sometimes the Asura MisTrust jumps on my back.

Thank you as always, vish, for giving me the opportunity to think through things with additional clarity.

Jai Maa , Jai Swamiji

~ Linda

vish wrote:

Namaste all family: Maa and Swami want us to see God in everyone. Page 231, in BEFORE BECOMING THIS, the question is asked of Maa: "Iam trying to understand how you can see God in your partner when youare not liking their action in the moment. I find that very difficult."...Plan your next getaway with AOL Travel. Check out Today's Hot 5 Travel Deals!