IndiaDivine.org

to vish about virtual tour of Mandir grounds and Temple

Rate this topic

Guest guest

dear vish ~ thank you for providing a virtual tour of entering the Mandir grounds and then the temple. I felt projected into that state (and I don't mean the state of CA ... sorry, couldn't help the pun) just from reading your words in the digest. Can you share any more about the Mandir? I would especially love to hear about going outside to worship at the Shiva Lingam (is there a picture of this in Page) and about Maa's kitchen. I bought Her cookbook, and I'd love to hear how Her Divine Presence infuses the kitchen.

(In my family, the kitchen was always the center for everything ~ talks, sharing good times, revealing sad times, celebrating special days, etc. I especially remember my (maternal) grandmother's kitchen. This was the kitchen to the small farm estate held by my family from before the Revolution against England. It is also the site (back in the nearby woods) where there was a "slave ditch," a deep indentation in the earth where slaves would hide in their journeys along the underground railroad. The Formica kitchen table nearly filled the kitchen, and, as often as not, all the seats were full. I loved the wood stove, left from earlier times, but which my grandmother continued to use in fall and winter. I loved the warmth of that stove and that kitchen. There were always wonderful smells emanating from the kitchen, even early in the morning when I first got up. It seemed as if my grandmother was always cooking up one feast or another. But what I remember most was the Love and Acceptance there. Thank you for bringing back these wonderful memories. Jai Maa ~ Linda

In a message dated 11/8/2008 12:44:55 A.M. Pacific Standard Time, writes:

Namaste all family: There is no place like the Devi Mandir in thisworld. As Maa said to me the first time I visited 11 years ago: "This is Heaven." Every aspect of this place has been created and nurtured with onethought in mind: Remembering Your Divinity.AOL Search: Your one stop for directions, recipes and all other Holiday needs. Search Now.