IndiaDivine.org

Question regarding words

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear vish and Devi Mandir Family ~ the word, Narayani is used numerous times throughout the Chandi Path. Now I am coming across it and another one, Narayana, is some bhajans I am listening to on YouTube. Does Narayani refer to a specific Goddess? And Narayana? From the slide show that plays during bhajan, it would seem that Shiva is the one being referenced, but I would like to know for sure whom these two designations refer to. Thanks to any or all who can help. Jai Maa , Jai Swamiji

~ LindaAOL Search: Your one stop for directions, recipes and all other Holiday needs. Search Now.

From the cosmic puja:om narayana vidmahevasudevaya dhimahetanno visnu procodayatTranslation by Swamiji:Om We meditate on the manifestation of Consciousnesswe contermplate the Lord of the Earth.May that Visnu grant us increase.Now in cosmic puja:P.271Where Narayani is used Swamiji translate it to say:Exposer of ConsciousnessDevi--- On Mon, 11/10/08, nierika <nierika wrote:nierika

<nierika[www.ShreeMaa.org] Re: Question regarding words Date: Monday, November 10, 2008, 6:33 AM

Dear vish and Devi Mandir Family ~ the word, Narayani is used numerous times throughout the Chandi Path. Now I am coming across it and another one, Narayana, is some bhajans I am listening to on YouTube. Does Narayani refer to a specific Goddess? And Narayana? From the slide show that plays during bhajan, it would seem that Shiva is the one being referenced, but I would like to know for sure whom these two designations refer to. Thanks to any or all who can help. Jai Maa , Jai Swamiji

~ LindaAOL Search: Your one stop for directions, recipes and all other Holiday needs. Search Now.