IndiaDivine.org

to Sergio about concerns

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Sergio ~ First, your sincere questions and sharing of experience do not feel over the top, so to speak, to me at least. This is what the Devi Mandir Digest is here for, and when Swamiji and Maa return, you can even direct your concerns directly to them. As was recently stated, Swamiji and Maa have opened wide their arms, to share their love, their knowledge and their guidance. There is only one place, in the Chandi Path, where I have come across anything that says you must have special initiation to go deeper in this one area. Swamiji's wonderful translations of sacred texts, and the printing and making them available, not just on the website bookshop, but with some, even on Amazon.com

They would not be doing this, and encouraging all of us in our various stages along the path, if there was anything amiss about it. I would first and foremost go by Swamiji's and Maa's example. They have given freedom to choose and worship one's own ishta devata. My problem is I can't quite settle on whether it is Shiva or whether it is Saraswati or Durga. The mantra that has become my playing-in-the-background "song" is the Durga mantra. Then, too, within some of the books there are mantras given freely. This is especially true, as I have found so far, of the Chandi Path. There is the Om Hrim Shrim Klim Chamundayai Namah (hope I got that right) and a number of others.

I would first follow the example and guidance of Shree Maa and Swamiji. They would not be opening their arms wide and sharing all of this if it were not okay. Of course, you will hear other things from other people, so go by the wisdom of Swamiji and Shree Maa. And if the responses you get from the digest do not answer your concern to your satisfaction, then please direct a question to Swamiji, once they have returned from the trip. You can write the question into the digest, and then vish or someone else will take it to Swamiji and then post the reply, once it has been given. Swamiji is so generous about responding to devotees questions.

And welcome to the Devi Mandir Family! Jai Maa , Jai Swamiji , Devi Ki Jai

~ Linda

Sergio wrote:

....I understand - and was told - that without initiation I cannot do properpuja (which requires pranapratishstha), recite mantras or chant texts likethe Sri Lalita Sahasranama.I respect the value of orthodoxy, and don't want to do anything wrong. Ialso realise I have no qualifications whatsoever. I do, however, wish topray to the Devi. What should I do?I would be happy to get in touch with other devotees who think they mighthelp me out, or point me in the right direction. Please feel free to writeto me if you wish.I hope my request does not come across as inappropriate or invasive...One site has it all. Your email accounts, your social networks, and the things you love. Try the new AOL.com today!