IndiaDivine.org

to Henny: thanks and choices for taking it slowly

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Henny ~ it is so wonderful to read a longer post from you. You have always served others by example, at least me, since I can only speak for myself. I appreciate very much what you had to say about Sanskrit, as I have longed to really learn it, yet don't know how or where to begin. I can't afford the cost of all the cds required by The Sanskrit Institute for their course of study. One of my problems in doing any of the pujas, I think, is that I read the verse in English first, then the translation, so it's like I'm saying it twice, and it takes twice is long, and because of my symptoms I become discouraged and fall behind the group; sometimes I just give up. So this gives me a new start, with the permission to recite the English only for awhile.

Also is the Saptashloki Durga the same think as doing the Seedi Path of the Chandi by itself, and would you mind, if you know, just reviewing these for a devotee who is eager but who is easily discouraged. I think I will start with one of these or go back to the Durga Puja Beginner, since I have the book (not sure about the CD ... I know I have all the tapes for the regular Chandi Path, but again, I feel overwhelmed. Thank you for always being such a clear light. Jai Maa , Jai Swamiji

~ Linda

Henny wrote:

....don't be concerned about the brilliance of your Sanskrit: the wonderful thing is that it will get better all by itself if you recite regularly. Even if you do not study formally, regular ...repetition breeds familiarity with the meaning as given in Swamiji's translation. But also, I remember Swamiji has said that it is really about the intuitive meaning of the words, and I believe Chandi Maa will teach you Herself if you devote yourself to recitation, and the text will take on a special meaning for you. If you have a copy of Swamiji's translation, which has the sevenhundred verses and the various 'limbs' etc. , there are (at least) two ways to go about it: since you already know the Saptashloki Durga well, you could build from there...One site has it all. Your email accounts, your social networks, and the things you love. Try the new AOL.com today!