IndiaDivine.org

to Sergio about questions

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Sergio ~ I'm sure you will get other similar responses to question #1. Swamiji has many times said that we can still perform puja, even if we don't have all the elements. He has verbally pointed to and given live example of taking these items from the heart and doing whatever the text says to do, whether it is rice or flowers, etc.

For your second question, I am reprising Vish's response to my question about breaking up the Durga Puja. You will read that, though he doesn't advise breaking the puja into pieces, he does recommend a very brief practice to begin with. For me, since I'm sick, and for others, for other reasons, this makes so much sense. Start with something very simple, and once you've connected with doing it as a spiritual practice, then add more, like the "Durga Puja Beginner." Anyway, here is Vish's post:

Namaste Linda and all:If I understand the question you asked Devi, Iwould offer an answer.You don't break the Durga puja for beginners into parts. Preferably,you do the entire puja, in the morning, takes about 20 minutes, thendo aarti, 5 - 7 minutes.At mid day, do aarti again. Then again in 6 PM. This is the scheduledone at the Devi Mandir.Since Durga puja is so short, there is no place to cut it intosegments to do throughout the day. Once you get comfortable with the entire puja, then you may feel toadd onto it. For example, add the Devi Kavach from the Chandi Path.Read the post I made Monday night and it discusses how pujas aremodular and you can make it your own by adding sections that call outto you.If you do not wish to do the entire Duga puja, then just chant hermantra 108 times in the morning and meditate upon Her. Or, just readthe puja in English and flow into Her presence. Anything that worksfor you is fine. This is your relationship with Her, so ask Her whatshe wants, and ask yourSelf what you wish to convey, and She willspeak to you in your heart.

The End

Sergio wrote:

Just a few more questions for the list & #8211; hope you don & #8217;t mind!1) I was looking at the Durga puja for beginners, and it seems like thereis a lot of flower offering involved. ,,Life should be easier. So should your homepage. Try the NEW AOL.com.