IndiaDivine.org

How to worship Shiva

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Namaste all family, and Linda: Nanda created a huge document stored

in a database which is designed to help one learn how to start Shiva

Beginner Puja. On the left of your screen, click on FILES, then click

on the top offering about performing puja.

YOu will observe a large document containing a class on how to worship

the Lord, using the BEGINNER SHIVA PUJA TEXT.

Many of the questions already asked on the club, and many more to

come, are addressed in great detail.

Near the end of the document, is a description of all the articles

used for aarti, the dance performed at the end of Shiva worship.

I hope each of you can check out this wonderful document. It is full

of great material and will help you get started in your worship.

Thanks to Nanda for creating this.

Jai Maa Jai Swami

vishweshwar

Thank you Vish. Yes, i have been checking this out as well. I have finished reading the Adavanced Shiva Puja and have gone back to actually practicing the Beginner Shiva Puja. I have also made a vow to worship the appropriate Deities every day of the week (Kali on Saturday, Shiva on Monday, Durga on Tuesday, etc) using Swamiji's texts. I am finding that I learn more that way and that it keeps my mind engaged because they all have similar elements but are unique as well. And it is a delight to be able to do the worship of each divinity, as they are all Parts of the Whole, which is to me Shiva/Shakti. This is fun to me! I have such a good time! Sometimes I am reading them in Sanskrit and sometimes in English, just to get the meaning clear in my head. I am listening to the pujas that I have on CD. I offer

what is immediately available. I don't mind spending 5 or 6 dollars a week at this point to have some fresh flowers, but sometimes there are no really good ones available or the amount of fresh flowers are not what I would wish. And sometimes I have an abundance! I am, as Swami invites on the back of the one of the pujas, enjoying the priviledge of worship. Oh yes I am!! My mind does not hold still very well, but I can worship and offer lights and clothing and flowers. And just a little bit of that peace we pray for in the introductory parts of the pujas filters into me each time. A little more and a little more every day! Jai Shree Maa! Jai Swamiji!