IndiaDivine.org

to Danielle about ways to support Maa

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Danielle ~ first I want td say a big welcome to the Devi Mandir Family. This family is all over the world; some of us have met Maa and Swamiji and some have not. You will find, the longer you stay with the group and as you begin to do mantras and pujas that there is a wealth of information, not just on the website, but in the hearts and minds of people who are part of this Digest Group. Many questions have been answered here in the digest, and you should feel free to ask them. I have been with the group awhile, yet I consider myself to still be new compared to the experiences and knowledge of some of our members. And I am asking questions all the time. : )

One thing you mentioned in your post was about "supporting Shree Maa," and there are more ways than one or two to support Shree Maa. The first several, of course, you know ... develop a mantra practice is one, another way is to participate in the Prayer Group, which prays for all the names on the prayer list once a week.

Another way is to participate in the annual sankalpa. Every year, Maa gives Her devotees a sankalpa, which so far has been to promote world peace. We have some information about the 2009 sankalpa, but not all of it, so additional information should be forthcoming. If you want to know what we know so far, just ask, and some one will tell you (I'm sorry I can't because my memory is very bad).

And there is another way still, and that is to contribute in some way to the maintenance of the Devi Mandir, and thus support Maa and Swamiji, who spend all their time doing puja, sadhana, teaching. They don't have regular jobs like most of us. So you can also make an offering of money, like picking leaves off of a beautiful tree and sending them to Maa and Swamiji. If this way of supporting the efforts of Maa and Swamiji appeals to you, go to this part of the site:

http://www.shreemaa.org/drupal/node/423

Maa and Swamiji are incredible "Divine Parents," urging and supporting their children along the path to enlightenment. Swamiji has said (paraphrase): the best thing you can do for your guru, like for your school teacher, is to learn all you can and graduate (become One with all).

Please excuse the length of this note It is always so wonderful to "meet" someone who is new to the group. Jai Maa !!! , Jai Swamiji !!!

~ Linda

Danielle wrote:

I live in Wales and I am just getting interested in Indian traditionsI have just spent the last 3 days on the website. Are there ways thatwe can study, support Shree Ma from where we are rather than going tothe States or India as well as doing the daily mantras?Make your life easier with all your friends, email, and favorite sites in one place. Try it now.