IndiaDivine.org

to Kumari about nuts and bolts

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Kumari ~ thank you for providing some information on the nuts and bolts that go along with worship.

This is so helpful for one like me who is still in first grade of the Devi Mandir school. I really like that you said we could use T-lights. I love T-lights ... one, because they come in their own little containers and don't leave melted wax on anything; two, because you can get them according to how many hours you want them to burn; three, because if you have a Dollar Store near your home you can but boxes of 10 or 12 for $1.00, or some places you can get bags or packs of 50 or 100 even more cheaply; and four, because I just love the little dancing lights.

Can you explain how one may have a "standing lamp," such as you mentioned, and keep it burning for longer periods of time? Very good information, Kumari. Do you know if there is anything in the Devi Mandir Book/Video store or in the files that has more of this "nuts and bolts" information? Has Swamiji ever written about "the nuts and bolts for puja"? I know if I do a recitation, it will say something like "offer flowers" or "wave light." Anyhow, just would like to know, and, again, my thanks. Jai Maa Jai Swamiji

~ Linda

Kumari wrote

Are you filling the resevoir in the oil lamp completely or just enough to saturate the wicks?...You can start up the lamp again by adding more oil and relighting it, of course. Small candles are another choice, if you don't want the light to go out.As far as incense is concerned, when my asthma is bothering me I have no problem with lighting the incense, offering it and then putting it out. Make sure the puja room has adequate ventilation and open the windows to air it out regularly. You can even place a small fan in front of the window to blow the smoke outside. This becomes even more necessary if you start to do fire sacrifices inside. I light my incense as well as the aarti lamp from the standing lamp which is always burning on my altar. (except when there is no one in the house or I am sleeping).One site keeps you connected to all your email: AOL Mail, Gmail, and Mail. Try it now.