IndiaDivine.org

to vish about dryness

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear vish ~ when anything I am doing ... spiritual practice, housework, a project ... becomes dry (for anything we do in life has this potential), when I am "on my game," so to speak, I treat it the same way I have been trained in meditation. In meditation, I use a mantra, repeated over and over. If there are any thoughts, any feelings, or any visual images that appear on the screen of my mind, I don't get caught up in that, nor do I use energy to push it away, I just let it go, as clouds would pass by in the sky. Before I know it I am back in the bhav, which for me means I am doing whatever it is I'm doing with one pointed attention, such that there is not longer me and that, there is only one.

Of course I don't always remember to do this, and then I become caught by whatever is passing by or engages my feelings. It seems to me, from what you write, that most of the time you get a lot from your practices, a great gift to you, so even if you do get caught up in the dryness, you can remember one time where your experience was the opposite. Then perhaps you will not become discouraged nor berate yourself for not having the "right" kind of experience. Jai Maa , Jai Swamiji

~ Linda

vish wrote:

Namaste all family: I have a question. When one has a sankalpa toperform certain worship daily, what does one do if one becomes "bored"or the experience becomes "dry"? Sometimes my daily Shiva puja does not give me a deep feeling of joy. I ask for I am certain that others experience this and could sharetheir feelings and what they do when this happens.New year...new news. Be the first to know what is making headlines.