IndiaDivine.org

to vish about adding on

Rate this topic

Guest guest

dear vish ~ reading your post really inspired me. Now that I am waking, on my own, not by design, at 5 or 5:30 am, I have been doing the sankalpa at a regular time each day. Two days ago, "computer" me got the upper hand, and I didn't do it, and felt tense all day. Yesterday, after I did the sankalpa, I felt such a sense of peace, of ahhhhhhhhhhhh ... to the extent that, when faced with an unpleasant situation, I was able to step back, look at what was happening, and decide to step away from the situation rather then get mired in back and forth explanations and accusations. Whew.

Now, reading about how you added on to your initial 20 to 30 minute pujas, I thought, oh I could do that. I could start with an extra 20 minutes and do a beginner puja, because I am up so early, and that is my private, quiet time, and I can spend some of it with God/dess. Before, it didn't seem possible. And being reminded that Swamiji has told us we can "individualize" our worship was also very good. Parts of Self Deprecation (and a left over from my religion experience of the past) says that I have to do it perfectly or don't do it at all. I struggle with this one, even just with doing the sankalpa.

Thank you for sharing your experience and for being such an inspiring example. Jai Maa Jai Swamiji

~ Linda

vish wrote:

Namaste Chetan, Dan, and all: Chetan and Dan, I read each of yourposts regarding "mixing different deities" into 1 puja. I felt thatthis was a good question for Swami so I have sent him a message askingthe pros and cons of mixing....Swami has told us many times that we can customize pujas to suite ourneeds and desires and the amount of time we have to worship. So, as I could sit still longer in my asan, and as I desired tocommune longer with Shiva or Durga, the mantras were available to addonto my original 20-30 minute pujas, and extend them to 45+ minuteseach. During the last 2 months, I have been learning the Cosmic puja, whichworships all of the major Gods and Goddesses in 1 long puja. In thatformat, a puja is done to each Deity, then one moves onto the next. There is a weaving and joining of the different energies into abeautiful wholeness, as opposed to the worship of 1 deity alone.After 11 years of performing Shiva and Durga pujas every day, I feel anew level of coherence and awakening occurring. I look forward towelcoming and worshiping and enlivening each deity inside me, and onmy altar, each day. I feel as if I am on a voyage of discovery, andthe intermingling and enlivenment of these different energies hasreally accelerated my growth.This is my personal voyage of discovery. While Maa and Swami haveopened many different doors for me, they have left me to decide whichpath I will take. It is unfolding based on my personal evolution,including the impulses inside and around me, and, as I grow, it haschanged and expanded. I am certain there is more excitement andvariety to come and I am so fortunate to be able to share it all withyou all.A Good Credit Score is 700 or Above. See yours in just 2 easy steps!