IndiaDivine.org

to vish about obstacles

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear vish ~ I had this same experience this morning. I was up at 5 am, and first I HAD to check my email, then I HAD to write some emails, then I HAD to listen to some bhajans on websites, then I HAD to look at some beading websites ... all the while with this little voice nagging me about doing my sadhana ... then I HAD to feed my dog, and by then it was 7 am ... too late for me to do my sadhana, my husband might wake up, I could do it later (I knew all these were just rationalizations).

Finally, I could find no more excuses that made sense (not that the others did). My small inner voice said, "Linda, go do your sadhana. You know if you won't wait, you're not going to do it later. So I got up ... a series of will power: get up from the computer, put one foot in front of the other to get to the sofa, get' out the things I need for my sadhana, then start. You would have thought I was getting ready to manually build a house ... thats how hard it felt. So today, computer me did not get the upper hand. I am only taking it one day at a time, and trying not to berate myself for the times when computer me winds (actually these are becoming less frequent). So there it is, the story of how difficult I make it for myself. : )

Jai Maa Jai Swamiji

~ Linda

vish wrote:

....I have a very similar experienceseas you regarding "getting to work" on my sadhana. Even when I wasliving at the Mandir while Maa and Swami were in India for 30 days, Ihad trouble some mornings sitting down to worship. Always something"important" would arise, and my "monkey" mind would get excited andrun after that thought, feeling, mood, etc. Just like dangling a set of keys in front of a crying baby to distractit, my mind will go to the next flashy impulse rather than to worship.So, how to stop running after mirages? This is a different experiencethan boredom during worship. This is putting other distractions awayso I can begin to worship. I wish all of our family would share their techniques for breakingthrough this invisible barrier.A Good Credit Score is 700 or Above. See yours in just 2 easy steps!