IndiaDivine.org

to Devi and strength of satsang

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Devi ~ you are so right. I don't think I would be able to have any consistency with my spiritual practice without the company of satsang. And this digest and you, and all of you, are my satsang. When I have drifted away from the group, which I think was only once, my spiritual practices became practically nill. The mutual devotion and strength of the group that becomes my impetus. I did get (ego) upended once about the numbers (total of mantras for sankalpa), because I was so far behind everyone else, and I felt bad. A very wise sadhu suggested that it might be better if I could be happy for them and to be glad for whatever I was able to do. So simple, so wise ... and it got me over that hurdle. And everything that is written here helps me.

Now I have a question for you, Devi, since you're mentioned it twice. What is krya? Is this something Shree Maa and Swamiji teach? Do you have to be in their presence in order to learn it? And again, I thank you for your sharing. Jai Maa Jai Swamiji

~ Linda

In a message dated 1/15/2009 12:40:18 A.M. Pacific Standard Time, writes:

In reading you note something else popped to mind. When sankalpa is made with Maa, group or friends or even plans made to get together for sadhana, krya or the like it keeps the focus on what must be done & inables us to complete the practice.If for no other reason we don't want to look bad, but the better reason is that we don't want to let others down or just love to share and be with each other. It's a suport system so to speak. Mother is our suport in reminding us of the importance of the sankalpa and of sadhana. With out the promiss to self or others we can really make excuses and weasel our way out of things. A Good Credit Score is 700 or Above. See yours in just 2 easy steps!

Breathing.In past it has been left out of my practice because of breathing problems. Now (Krya)included breathing is better. The avoidance of it was not ness. it would have helped to practice it but the fear and lack of understanding and lack of someone to help me in person have been my excuses. SwamiJI is the best person to ask he will help.Breathing with each mantra as he suggests is a great start for working by yourself but to do pranayama you should have a teacher with you or so I am told & it is what I choose to make friends with this particular fear issue.Please talk to our Beloved Swami Ji.His advice will be as a Gem from the Goddess's Own Hands.Devi--- On Thu, 1/15/09, nierika <nierika

wrote:nierika <nierika[www.ShreeMaa.org] Re: to Devi and strength of satsang Date: Thursday, January 15, 2009, 6:06 AM

Dear Devi ~ you are so right. I don't think I would be able to have any consistency with my spiritual practice without the company of satsang. And this digest and you, and all of you, are my satsang. When I have drifted away from the group, which I think was only once, my spiritual practices became practically nill. The mutual devotion and strength of the group that becomes my impetus. I did get (ego) upended once about the numbers (total of mantras for sankalpa), because I was so far behind everyone else, and I felt bad. A very wise sadhu suggested that it might be better if I could be happy for them and to be glad for whatever I was able to do. So simple, so wise ... and it got me over that hurdle. And everything that is written here helps me.

Now I have a question for you, Devi, since you're mentioned it twice. What is krya? Is this something Shree Maa and Swamiji teach? Do you have to be in their presence in order to learn it? And again, I thank you for your sharing. Jai Maa Jai Swamiji

~ Linda

In a message dated 1/15/2009 12:40:18 A.M. Pacific Standard Time, writes:

In reading you note something else popped to mind. When sankalpa is made with Maa, group or friends or even plans made to get together for sadhana, krya or the like it keeps the focus on what must be done & inables us to complete the practice.If for no other reason we don't want to look bad, but the better reason is that we don't want to let others down or just love to share and be with each other. It's a suport system so to speak. Mother is our suport in reminding us of the importance of the sankalpa and of sadhana. With out the promiss to self or others we can really make excuses and weasel our way out of things. A Good Credit Score is 700 or Above. See yours in just 2 easy steps!