IndiaDivine.org

to Kumari about the gifts of illness

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Kumari ~ what you wrote touches me deeply had not thought of this as an opportunity for my husband. But I do remember when I did some caretaking for my dad. I had only begun to get sick, with an increase in my physical pain, but I was still able to work and to help my dad out. I'm not sure at the time if I thought of it as caring for an aspect of the Divine Mother, but I did know it was a healing for both of us, of our relationship (my father was very abusive). He had to learn to accept being helped, which was really hard for him. I guess apples don't fall far from the tree, as they say. I realized at the time that this was a precious gift for both of us, and I will be always be grateful we had that experience.

Not sure I would tell David he is helping an aspect of Divine Mother. I think it would upset him. Yet it is helpful for me to think of it because if I am an aspect of Divine Mother, then I need to also look for help and grace from within as well as from without. I have begun to add a time for some praying at the beginning (and ending, if it feels right) of my sadhana. The gift of my illnesses, and of rising so early in the morning, is that I have no excuses for not doing my sadhana I spend a lot of time going to doctors and getting tests, but other than that, I have an abundance of time. Thank you, Kumari. Jai Ma Jai Swamiji

~ Linda

Kumari wrote:

And Dear Linda this is an opportunity for your husband to help and take care of an aspect of the Divine Mother - you! Knowingly or unknowingly this is his sadhana. Then your role would be the one of blessing and praying for him. It says in one of the archanas that when you perform them they are for the benefit of yourself and all your family. They will help you and your loved ones obtain liberation. When one is sick, the work one must do is to get well. And be ready for the amazing, you just might get well and then you can work and help others in other ways. I pray that you will get better and better now. A Good Credit Score is 700 or Above. See yours in just 2 easy steps!