IndiaDivine.org

to vish about burdens and the ego

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear vish ~ it sounds so simple, and I believe it's true that the only real burden is ego.

I am getting lots of chances to see that, and lots of chances where I forget. Thank you for sharing Maa's words. Sometimes when I do my sadhana I imagine myself as a child holding onto Mother's skirts. I don't recall who brought that metaphor to the digest, but I find it helpful. I prayer to Her to help me through this mire by giving me the strength to show more grace and acceptance. During my sadhana, everything quiets down (well, except for intrusive Great Ego thoughts), and even if I am in pain, just like with thoughts or with feelings, I see it as a cloud in the sky, moving across the screen of my consciousness. Now, when I can bring that way of being into the mundane and everyday parts of my life, that will really be something. (And so gives me something to strive for.) Again, my thanks. Jai Maa Jai Swamiji

~ Linda

vish wrote:

Namaste Henny, Linda, and all: Dear Sisters, thanks for sharing thesedeep and personal insights. Maa says there is only burden when the ego is involved and that is ateaching I try to learn and live everyday.Her is something else from Maa;"When in harmony you can't distinguish between the two. But if youfind something that's selfish - ask is it for God or is it for littleme - is it in my best interest? Will it really take me closer to mygoal or is it just temperary enjoyment? A Good Credit Score is 700 or Above. See yours in just 2 easy steps!

Very helpful words. Jai MaaDevi--- On Mon, 1/26/09, nierika <nierika wrote:nierika <nierika[www.ShreeMaa.org] Re: to vish about burdens and the ego Date: Monday, January 26, 2009, 7:52 AM

Dear vish ~ it sounds so simple, and I believe it's true that the only real burden is ego.

I am getting lots of chances to see that, and lots of chances where I forget. Thank you for sharing Maa's words. Sometimes when I do my sadhana I imagine myself as a child holding onto Mother's skirts. I don't recall who brought that metaphor to the digest, but I find it helpful. I prayer to Her to help me through this mire by giving me the strength to show more grace and acceptance. During my sadhana, everything quiets down (well, except for intrusive Great Ego thoughts), and even if I am in pain, just like with thoughts or with feelings, I see it as a cloud in the sky, moving across the screen of my consciousness. Now, when I can bring that way of being into the mundane and everyday parts of my life, that will really be something. (And so gives me something to strive for.) Again, my thanks. Jai Maa Jai Swamiji

~ Linda

vish wrote:

Namaste Henny, Linda, and all: Dear Sisters, thanks for sharing thesedeep and personal insights. Maa says there is only burden when the ego is involved and that is ateaching I try to learn and live everyday.Her is something else from Maa;"When in harmony you can't distinguish between the two. But if youfind something that's selfish - ask is it for God or is it for littleme - is it in my best interest? Will it really take me closer to mygoal or is it just temperary enjoyment? A Good Credit Score is 700 or Above. See yours in just 2 easy steps!