i have struggled for years with alcohol and drug addiction i am a

devotee of shiva and durga..i am starting a 12 step program and i am

interested in any help and /or experience from others in this area..i

want to be free from this so i can be at peace and stop hating

everyone and everything..my life is a mess...thank u

namaste

hello Brian-

Namaste.

It sounds like you have already taken a huge step towards your goal by admitting your struggle and asking for help. You are lucky to know the Divine Father and Mother and to have them in your life. They can help fill the void that occurs when the substances cease to fill it.

It seems like you chose an auspicious time to begin this journey. Tis the season for new beginnings, new growth. Also, being a particular devotee to Siva, I noticed that they are beginning the Siva Puja classes tonight on-line at 6:00pm. This might be a good opportunity to tune in and a healthy way to focus your time. I have found these types of classes to be of tremendous treasure trove of support and information and the Q + A section at the end of each session gives us a special opportunity to dig deeper into the meaning. We can log on too and personally probe Swamaji's wealth of knowledge.

Stay Strong and Hold on Tight to your Faith!

Om Namah Sivayah!

Om Durgayai Namahah!

Lots of Love

Ann

On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 7:25 AM, brian <mahadeva_sadhus wrote:

hi,i have struggled for years with alcohol and drug addiction i am a devotee of shiva and durga..i am starting a 12 step program and i am interested in any help and /or experience from others in this area..i

want to be free from this so i can be at peace and stop hating everyone and everything..my life is a mess...thank unamaste

Hi Brian,

You are not alone in your struggle. Many of us struggle with addictions of different sorts. The twelve step program sounds great. I believe that the Divine Mother works in many places and ways. I spent years in 12 step myself. I found the spiritual support amazing. The kindness and openess of the members-- was of which I had never experienced before. At Devi Mandir I believe you are at the feet of the mother herself. I am sure you will be guided as what to do. The twelve step program has worked for many addicts I know. They are very serious about their program and they get results--clean and sober. I was in alanon for 13 years--and loved the spiritual life there.

I am sure you will find lots of support at Devi Mandir.

Sending encouragement and support to you.

Love and Light of Maa,

Krishna--- On Mon, 1/26/09, brian <mahadeva_sadhus wrote:

brian <mahadeva_sadhus[www.ShreeMaa.org] drug abuse issues Date: Monday, January 26, 2009, 7:25 AM

hi,i have struggled for years with alcohol and drug addiction i am a devotee of shiva and durga..i am starting a 12 step program and i am interested in any help and /or experience from others in this area..i want to be free from this so i can be at peace and stop hating everyone and everything.. my life is a mess...thank unamaste

Namaste Brian!

Welcome here. Stick with the 12 Step Program as well as your spiritual pracitices. They can work together very well. May Maa and Mahadeva bless you.

With love,

Kumari