IndiaDivine.org

To Kumari Jai Maa, Devi and all: Mothers Song

Rate this topic

Guest guest

JAI!

Thank you also for sharing! Such inspiration!

Jai MAA!

Ann

On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 1:24 PM, mjfisher2005 <mjfisher2005 wrote:

This reminds me of the story that Swami Vivekananda used to tell in his own inimitable way:THE REAL NATURE OF MAN - Swami Vivekananda " There is a great tendency in modern times to talk too much of work

and decry thought. Doing is very good, but that comes from thinking. Little manifestations of energy through the muscles are called work. But where there is no thought, there will be no work. Fill the brain, therefore, with high thoughts, highest ideals, place them day and

night before you, and out of that will come great work. Talk not about impurity, but say that we are pure. We have hypnotised ourselves into this thought that we are little, that we are born, and that we are going to die, and into a constant state of fear.

There is a story about a lioness, who was big with young, going about in search of prey; and seeing a flock of sheep, she jumped upon them. She died in the effort; and a little baby lion was born, motherless.

It was taken care of by the sheep and the sheep brought it up, and it grew up with them, ate grass, and bleated like the sheep. And although in time it became a big, full-grown lion, it thought it was a sheep. One day another lion came in search of prey and was

astonished to find that in the midst of this flock of sheep was a lion, fleeing like the sheep at the approach of danger. He tried to get near the sheep-lion, to tell it that it was not a sheep but a lion; but the poor animal fled at his approach. However, he watched

his opportunity and one day found the sheep-lion sleeping. He approached it and said, " You are a lion. " " I am a sheep, " cried the other lion and could not believe the contrary but bleated. The lion

dragged him towards a lake and said, " Look here, here is my reflection and yours. " Then came the comparison. It looked at the lion and then at its own reflection, and in a moment came the idea that it was a lion. The lion roared, the bleating was gone. You are

lions, you are souls, pure, infinite, and perfect. The might of the universe is within you. " Why weepest thou, my friend? There is neither birth nor death for thee. Why weepest thou? There is no disease nor misery for thee, but thou art like the infinite sky;

clouds of various colours come over it, play for a moment, then vanish. But the sky is ever the same eternal blue. " Why do we see wickedness? There was a stump of a tree, and in the dark, a thief came that way and said, " That is a policeman. " A young

man waiting for his beloved saw it and thought that it was his sweetheart. A child who had been told ghost stories took it for a ghost and began to shriek. But all the time it was the stump of a tree. We see the world as we are. Suppose there is a baby in a room

with a bag of gold on the table and a thief comes and steals the gold. Would the baby know it was stolen? That which we have inside, we see outside. The baby has no thief inside and sees no thief outside. So with all knowledge. Do not talk of the wickedness of the

world and all its sins. Weep that you are bound to see wickedness yet. Weep that you are bound to see sin everywhere, and if you want to help the world, do not condemn it. Do not weaken it more. For what is sin and what is misery, and what are all these, but the results of

weakness? The world is made weaker and weaker every day by such teachings. Men are taught from childhood that they are weak and sinners. Teach them that they are all glorious children of immortality, even those who are the weakest in manifestation. Let

positive, strong, helpful thought enter into their brains from very childhood. Lay yourselves open to these thoughts, and not to weakening and paralysing ones. Say to your own minds, " I am He. I am He. " Let it ring day and night in your minds like a song, and at the

point of death declare, " I am He. " That is the Truth; the infinite strength of the world is yours. Drive out the superstition that has covered your minds. Let us be brave. Know the Truth and practise the

Truth. The goal may be distant, but awake, arise, and stop not till the goal is reached. " Love,Kumari , " inspectionconnection108 "

<inspectionconnection108 wrote:>> Namaste Eric: thanks for sharing that poem. That lion inside each of> us, so easily ignored, yet always present. Maa's gift to us as we

> struggle daily to remember our divinity is to know She will always be> with us, no matter what. She will goad us, sing to us, tickle us, wag> Her finger at us; She will do whatever it takes to wake us up.

> That is Her pledge to us. > So be strong and take Her love and blessings. I pray that you and all> of us keep struggling and working hard to reach Her. > > Jai Maa Jai Swami>

> vishweshwar> > > > , Eric Cassils <Quanchula1@> wrote:> >> > Namaste,

> > > > I missed the puja, since it seemed it was necessary to give a> tutorial by phone to a friend on how to use the shareware to generate> automated bibliographies, but caught the tail end of Maa's songs to

> Sarasvati, and each time she would stop singing I would wail for her> to sing another, and thankfully she did. I was awash in the feeling of> falling in love, that's how I felt. I wished I could sing the words

> better as a fumbled along trying to sing back some of the refrains.> The songs were filled with a peaceful ecstasy. I prayed to Sarasvati> to help me handle my 5 science courses and to succeed, and to Maa

> Lakshmi to help me afford to continue this process and for my friends> who are also so studying and for the devi mandir. Opened a book by> Paramahansa Yogananda, Living Fearlessly ( as I am due to make an

> order for some of Maa's and need some supplementary material), however> it opened to a page that really resonated with what is going on in> with Maa and> > Navaratri right now, and especially with Her Vehicle, the lion of

> Self (and with my own struggle): Perhaps some of you will find it helpful.> > > > " Invicible Lion of the Self:> > > > A cub of the Divine Lion, somehow I found myself confined in a

> sheepfold of frailties and limitations. Fear-filled, living long with> sheep, day after day, I bleated. I forgot my affrighting bellow that> banishes all enemy sorrows.> > > > O Invincible Lion of the Self! Though didst drag me to the water

> hole of meditation, saying " Thou art a lion, not a sheep! Open thine> eyes, and roar! " > > > > After thy hard shakings of spiritual urge, I gazed into the crystal> pool of peace. Lo, I saw my face like unto Thine!

> > > > I know now that I am a lion of cosmic power. Bleating no more, I> shake the error forest with reverberations of Thine almighty voice. In> divine freedom, I bound through the jungle of earthly delusions,

> devouring the little creatures of vexing worries and timidities, and> the wild hyenas of disbelief.> > > > O Lion of Liberation, ever send thoughme Thy roar of all-conquering> courage! "

> > > > - Wispers From Eternity> > > > --- On Sat, 1/31/09, inspectionconnection108> <inspectionconnection108@> wrote:> > inspectionconnection108 <inspectionconnection108@>

> > [www.ShreeMaa.org] Jai Maa, Devi and all: Mothers Song> >

> > Saturday, January 31, 2009, 3:27 AM> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Namaste Devi and all: it was a beautiful night at the

> Mandir. Maa> > > > kept giving us one blessing after the other. Puja, blessings,> > > > singing, homa, sweets to eat, then dinner, cooked by Maa Herself. > > > > Divine Prasad.

> > > > And, Swami signed each and every text book, musical instrument,> > > > computer, Spiritual text, etc., which the devotees brought for> > > > Saraswati's blessings.

> > > > Then, he gave us each a blessed writing pen so that every word we> > > > wrote was filled with Maa's Divine wisdom. > > > > How did others feel during the blessings and the singing, etc.?

> > > > > > > > Jai Ma Jai Swami> > > > > > > > vishweshwar> > > > > > > > -- In , devi <student61754@ ...>

wrote:> > > > >> > > > > How Beautiful Saraswati Puja was this evening and the time with> > > > everyone was Heavenly.> > > > > Mother Singing was the icing on the cake.

> > > > > Lessening to Mother sing to Lakshmi was delightful.> > > > > When she recited it for Swamiji to translate Her words were as soft> > > > as clouds. So full of Love and Praise.

> > > > > Jai Maa> > > > > Jai Swamiji.> > > > > > > > > > Devi> > > > >> >>