IndiaDivine.org

to vish about cleaning

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear vish ~ Thank you for this sharing. I too am remiss at keeping my altar clean, although it mostly gets dusty, still, when I find it dusty, I feel that something is out of whack. So then I immediately clean everything. When all is dusted or washed and shining, I too feel the Presence. Now I have a question. Is there some particular way we should approach cleaning our altar, our murtis, our pictures? Is dusting and washing with water okay? As always, your insightfulness is appreciated. Jai Maa Jai Swamiji

~ Linda

vish wrote:

....Today I was performing puja at Napashwar, the large Shiva lingum inthe woods at the Mandir. After puja I was sitting meditating and Maacame to see Napashwar. She observed that I had not cleaned Hisdrinking cup and it was tarnished and dull and the lingum was notcompletely cleaned. "How could you offer dull cup that to the Lord?"She asked me. Abashed, I replied truthfully, "I was lazy and did not clean it Maa."She replied, "You show your respect to the Lord by keeping all thearticles of worship clean and polished. The cleaner and brighter theyare, the more you will receive from Him."I had thought to clean the utensils Sunday, but was tired and did not.So, Maa gave me Her darshan, taught me a valuable lesson, and broughtme closer to Shiva. After She left, I spend the next 2 hours cleaning, polishing, andshining every square inch of the lingum, Ganesh and Nandi murtis, andthe utensils. All were bright and glowing in the late afternoon Sunwhen I finished.Truly, Shiva was Happy, smiling, and full of love. I felt Hisblessing deep in my heart... Great Deals on Dell Laptops. Starting at $499.