IndiaDivine.org

Nirmalananda - Disposing sacred articles

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Nirmalananda,Here is what Swamiji had to say to a similar question earlier./message/8513 HTHJai MAANanda , Nirmalananda Saraswati <nirmalananda1008 wrote:>> I've heard that a good way to dispose of sacred objects like that is to burn them. I wonder what Swamiji says about this?> > --- On Wed, 2/18/09, way131 wendy131 wrote:> way131 wendy131 [www.ShreeMaa.org] Red string> > Wednesday, February 18, 2009, 8:40 AM> > > > > > > > > > > > > Namaste family,> > > > I have been wearing 2 red strings around my wrist: one from Shivaratri last year, and one > > from my recent trip to India. They have become completely entwined with each other, but the > > older one is starting to fray and little pieces of it are becoming separated and falling off.> > > > What is the proper way to dispose of this sacred string? It doesn't seem right to just throw it > > away. > > > > Thank you> > > > Jai Maa!> > Jai Swamiji!> > > > with love> > ambka>