IndiaDivine.org

to Kamalji about story

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear Kamalaji ~ it was incredible, reading about Maa readying the Murthis for Spring. What a joyful activity. It must have been wonderful to help. I really liked the story of Kamalakanta, although I am sorry his wife died ... a very dramatic "portrayal of the sacredness and power of the Murthis. Thank you for sharing this ~ Linda

Jai Maa!!! Jai Swamiji !!!

Kamalaji wrote:

Last night on the Webcam Swamiji reminded us that the celebration of Spring Navaratri is coming on March 26th, and that Shree Maa will begin her seasonal re-dressing of all of the deities standing on the Cosmic Altar in the Devi Mandir. While I was assisting Shree Maa to prepare the first murthi in the center of the group of deities, Mahalaxshmi, she was reminding us that the deities are actually the "Divine" with this story. In the 1700's there was a Bengali poet named Kamalakanta. He was a great devotee of the Goddess Kali. One day a Maharaja came to him, and looking at the clay murthi in front of them, asked Kamalakanta: "Is that really the Divine Mother"? Kamalakanta answered him assuredly, "yes it is"! The Maharaja then said, "if it is, then you show me some proof"! Kamalakanta told him: "it I do something to prove to you that she is actually the Divine Mother, then something will happen and I will have to accept the consequences of my action". So Kamalakanta then took a thorn from the bilva tree and poked it into the foot of the Divine Mother statue, and blood came gushing out. Kamalakanta's wife nearby was so affected to see this, that she died instantly. A Good Credit Score is 700 or Above. See yours in just 2 easy steps!