IndiaDivine.org

to kamalaji about Maa & Durga Story

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear kamalaji ~ I can hardly write how deeply this story has affected me; it touched a deep place in my heart. I am so grateful that Maa recounted this story to you and that you have shared it with us. The power of the story was such that I could "see" Maa throwing herself off the rock to go to the water and thus return to heaven. She is young thin; her body is at first arched back as she leaps with total openness, and as she slides through the air, I "see" the great light and the Goddess Durga throwing back to the ground. Durga had much more in this life for Maa to do. And now she has given Durga and the ways to worship her to so many around the world. Oh, please thank Maa for us for this incredibly moving story from her early years. Jai Maa!!!!!

~ Linda

P.S. My wish is that Maa would tell more of these stories and that another book about Maa could be compiled. It would be inspiring beyond words.

kamalaji wrote:

Yesterday when Shree Maa was preparing the Durga-murthi on our Cosmic Altar, she was talking to Durga as the Goddess-herself standing right there. She was recalling to Durga and me memories from her childhood and early life as a wandering sadikha (in Northeast India and throughout the Himalayas). She told how year after year when she was quite young she would cry and cry at the completion of the nine days of the Durga Puja when all of the clay murthis of Durga were submerged back into the river. She was so sad to see the Durga-mother go away that even her Grandma could not console her. And then, some time later as "Sadikha Ma", she returned home to Assam and to the Kamakhya Temple for one of the annual Durga Puja Celebrations. During this time of her tapasya, she was always going in and out of Samadhi naturally. It happened on the tenth day of the autumn Navaratri (Dashami) that Maa was desiring very strongly to go to heaven, to leave her body. So she went to a tall rock-ledge overlooking the Brahmaputra River near Kamakhya, and just as she leaped off of the rock to jump into the river, the Goddess Durga appeared to her in an aurora of bright light and threw her down to the ground and she was knocked unconscious. After some time, a few people from the Shiva Temple just nearby were prompted by the main disciple of a 217-year old living Yogi,Ram Nath Aghori Baba, to go outside. They came and found Shree Maa lying there and had her carried to his temple to bring her back to consciousness. They resuscitated her by giving her sips of hot milk. Shortly after this she went off wandering again for some distance on foot to a quiet and small Durga Temple on the outskirts of Guwahati, and one of her devotees there took care of her for some time. This story of the power of Goddess Durga Shree Maa is telling for the first time. Great Deals on Dell 15" Laptops - Starting at $479