IndiaDivine.org

to vish and kumari about Hanuman

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear vish and kumari ~ thank you so much for sharing your experience and perspectives about Hanuman. One of the things I pray for is to be reborn into a Hindu family who are devoted to spiritual practices, or to a spiritual family cohesively attuned to the spiritual aspect of life. I also pray for a family that is emotionally healthy, that has good boundaries and appropriate love to one another. This is my strongest wish, and you are so fortunate, vish, to have been raised in the Hindu tradition, according to Santana Dharma. That tells me, in part, why the things you write come from a deep understanding.

And kumari, you are so fortunate to have a new hubby, one who understands and appreciates your spiritual practices. This too is a gift without measure and this I also pray for.

I chose to spend my sacred time on unpacking all my Devi Mandir books and starting to get my altar set up. As I began to unpack the texts ... Durga, Kali, Shiva, Hanuman, and Sahib Sadhu, Before Becoming This, etc., I felt like I was greeting my true family, and even though I didn't get the altar completely set up, I got a good start and had a very meditative mood as I did it. My husband had gone out, and it wasn't so much that I was waiting for him to leave to get started, it just turned out that way. I believe I still have some uncomfortableness about how David will respond to my altar and my spiritual practices.

Last night we were talking about how early I get up (between 4:30 and 5:30 am). For some reason, this just naturally began to happen, and after awhile, I began to take that time to do my spiritual practices. The house is quiet, and I am able to be with God/dess without interruption. This time has become so important to me, and I notice that when I don't do it (I wake up later sometimes), it has an affect on my whole day. When I am able to do it, which is just about every day at this point, I feel that quiet connection all day long.) David seemed to appreciate how important this is to me, yet I still have worries about my altar. It will be bigger here and have more pictures and murtis. Yet that is my sankalpa for today.

And, oh, Kumari, I have also seen Hanuman as a secondary diety. When my sister received a Hanuman mantra from Ammachi, I couldn't understand why she would want that one. Later I became more familiar with Baba, via Ram Das, and was able to watch some of Suganand Sugar's episodes of the Ramayana, I began to understand, as you have Kumari, how important he is and the qualities he brings. One thing I don't understand, and I hope one of you can provide an answer, is why is Hanuman shown with his hands pulling his chest open and revealing (I'm not sure what right now) whatever is inside.

I am so fortunate to have been born with a predisposition to spiritual openness and to be led to the Mahatmas I have met, and to be part of this wonderful spiritual community embraced by Shree Maa and Swamiji. Thank you all. Jai Maa!!!! Jai Swamiji!!!!

~ Linda

vish wrote:

Namaste Linda and all family: since I was not raised in the Hindu tradition/Santana Dharma, it is very important, no, critical, that I really understand how each aspect of the Divine effects my consciousness. Hanuman embodies so many supremely important qualities which I need to have enlivened and nurtured. I recommend reading the mantras in English and fully exploring how they touch your soul, then, recite His mantra and meditate on how you feel. We have a unique opportunity to imbibe Swami and Maa's shakti as we read these texts which they have translated. Their Divine Presence within the texts elevates and enlivens our hearts to not only intellectually understand but intuitively realize the highest manifestation and meaning of the mantras, and the Deity they define, and ultimately to realize that we are Hanuman, Shiva, Durga, Chandi, etc.

Kumari wrote:

I did puja to Hanuman last night. I made my husband go out and get a couple of bananas to offer to him. :-) Thank you Vish for posting the mantra! I had a very brief moment as I began the puja where I seemed to get a glimpse of Hanuman from Sita's point of view, placing my hand on his head and feeling a lot of emotion as I stroked his fur and he knelt in front of me. I was never attracted to Hanuman before, but now I think I see why he is so beloved. He is so devoted, steadfast and loving. I won't look on him as a secondary deity anymore. Pranams and thanks to Shree Maa and Swamiji. It is certainly not through any merits of my own that I have any spiritual realizations at all!Kumari Hurry! April 15th is almost here. File your Federal taxes FREE with TaxACT.

Guest guest

Dear Linda,

Your testimony was very touching and encouraging. After adopting Hinduism, I have always wished that I should have been born into a devoted Hindu family or at least have that association with one. However I must say that Devi Mandir, its prayers, its teaching and all your correspondence has truly fulfilled that wish in this internet age!

Jai Mata Di.

Alphanso.

From: nierikaDate: Sat, 11 Apr 2009 05:55:47 -0400[www.ShreeMaa.org] Re: to vish and kumari about Hanuman

Dear vish and kumari ~ thank you so much for sharing your experience and perspectives about Hanuman. One of the things I pray for is to be reborn into a Hindu family who are devoted to spiritual practices, or to a spiritual family cohesively attuned to the spiritual aspect of life. I also pray for a family that is emotionally healthy, that has good boundaries and appropriate love to one another. This is my strongest wish, and you are so fortunate, vish, to have been raised in the Hindu tradition, according to Santana Dharma. That tells me, in part, why the things you write come from a deep understanding.

And kumari, you are so fortunate to have a new hubby, one who understands and appreciates your spiritual practices. This too is a gift without measure and this I also pray for.

I chose to spend my sacred time on unpacking all my Devi Mandir books and starting to get my altar set up. As I began to unpack the texts ... Durga, Kali, Shiva, Hanuman, and Sahib Sadhu, Before Becoming This, etc., I felt like I was greeting my true family, and even though I didn't get the altar completely set up, I got a good start and had a very meditative mood as I did it. My husband had gone out, and it wasn't so much that I was waiting for him to leave to get started, it just turned out that way. I believe I still have some uncomfortableness about how David will respond to my altar and my spiritual practices.

Last night we were talking about how early I get up (between 4:30 and 5:30 am). For some reason, this just naturally began to happen, and after awhile, I began to take that time to do my spiritual practices. The house is quiet, and I am able to be with God/dess without interruption. This time has become so important to me, and I notice that when I don't do it (I wake up later sometimes), it has an affect on my whole day. When I am able to do it, which is just about every day at this point, I feel that quiet connection all day long.) David seemed to appreciate how important this is to me, yet I still have worries about my altar. It will be bigger here and have more pictures and murtis. Yet that is my sankalpa for today.

And, oh, Kumari, I have also seen Hanuman as a secondary diety. When my sister received a Hanuman mantra from Ammachi, I couldn't understand why she would want that one. Later I became more familiar with Baba, via Ram Das, and was able to watch some of Suganand Sugar's episodes of the Ramayana, I began to understand, as you have Kumari, how important he is and the qualities he brings. One thing I don't understand, and I hope one of you can provide an answer, is why is Hanuman shown with his hands pulling his chest open and revealing (I'm not sure what right now) whatever is inside.

I am so fortunate to have been born with a predisposition to spiritual openness and to be led to the Mahatmas I have met, and to be part of this wonderful spiritual community embraced by Shree Maa and Swamiji. Thank you all. Jai Maa!!!! Jai Swamiji!!!!

~ Linda

vish wrote:

Namaste Linda and all family: since I was not raised in the Hindu tradition/Santana Dharma, it is very important, no, critical, that I really understand how each aspect of the Divine effects my consciousness. Hanuman embodies so many supremely important qualities which I need to have enlivened and nurtured. I recommend reading the mantras in English and fully exploring how they touch your soul, then, recite His mantra and meditate on how you feel. We have a unique opportunity to imbibe Swami and Maa's shakti as we read these texts which they have translated. Their Divine Presence within the texts elevates and enlivens our hearts to not only intellectually understand but intuitively realize the highest manifestation and meaning of the mantras, and the Deity they define, and ultimately to realize that we are Hanuman, Shiva, Durga, Chandi, etc.

Kumari wrote:

I did puja to Hanuman last night. I made my husband go out and get a couple of bananas to offer to him. :-) Thank you Vish for posting the mantra! I had a very brief moment as I began the puja where I seemed to get a glimpse of Hanuman from Sita's point of view, placing my hand on his head and feeling a lot of emotion as I stroked his fur and he knelt in front of me. I was never attracted to Hanuman before, but now I think I see why he is so beloved. He is so devoted, steadfast and loving. I won't look on him as a secondary deity anymore. Pranams and thanks to Shree Maa and Swamiji. It is certainly not through any merits of my own that I have any spiritual realizations at all!Kumari

Hurry! April 15th is almost here. File your Federal taxes FREE with TaxACT.

Messenger has tons of new features that make chatting more fun. Click here to learn more.