IndiaDivine.org

Re:to Jill about keeping the connection

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear Jill ~ I do my sadhana, and experience the disappearance of its realizations the same way you describe. I pray to remember, and then I get up and go about my day and very quickly forget. I think the loss of the connection, or the remembrance of it begin as soon as my mind begins to have thoughts. It doesn't seem so much what I do that changes my awareness, but t he way my mind incessantly chatters about it (and bow to Hanuman and ask for his help in taming the monkey mind).

I don't know yet what the antidote for this is, but perhaps if we just continue with our sadhana, as you do, and connect at the beginning and end of our day, the time in between will bring about an extension of the connection. Connection Extension ... it sounds like a train, doesn't it. It's a train I very much want to board and not keep getting off to look at every interesting or beautiful or disastrous sight.

When I was in my early 20's (eons ago), I had the good fortune to work, in a group context, with a woman trained in dance, who used dance as a basis for bringing about awareness and no-thing-ness. Her approach is one I would liken to Zen. We used to practice what she called the "zen walk," which is hard to describe, but with the right cues can become a reality, if only briefly. The key was to let of any thoughts and/or feelings, to let them pass, and to just continue ... walking with awareness. Every step was bliss. My belief is that this exercise was a type of moving meditation, somewhat like Tai Chi, perhaps.

Thank you for eloquently sharing your experience. Jai Maa Jai Swamiji

~ Linda

Jill wrote:

What helps me to connect is my daily spiritual practice, when I do japa andthen meditate. The japa helps to calm my mind so that there are lessthoughts interrupting my meditation. I ask every day for help to*remember*to connect during the rest of the day; for me that is themain problem -when I get up from my sadhana, I soon forget the Divine and get immersed infront brain stuff.I would welcome any help for practising the presence of the Divine in everymoment..... please. I also dedicate every thought, word, feeling and actionto the Divine every morning and surrender the fruits of every thought, word,feeling and action to the Divine every evening. At least that way there area some more times when I connect! Great deals on Dell’s most popular laptops – Starting at $479