IndiaDivine.org

Swamiji answers - 14 - Karma and Generations

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Question from Mandakini:Namaskaram, I would like to know more about how the karma of parents affects children and further generations and how the karma of children- our karma - affects ancestors.Swamiji's response:Each individual's karma affects seven generations previous to us and seven generations that follow us. The influences both bad and good obviously go to our children, and to theirs all the way down the line.Similarly the karmas affect the previous generations and contribute to or detract from their abilities to give blessings or manifest again in a higher form.

Guest guest

Namaste dear ones,

On seeing Swamiji's response to Mandakini's question, i immediately remembered Chap. 2 of Chandi verse 38 "Her feet stood upon the earth, and Her crown touched the furthest reaches of the atmosphere. The twang of Her bow string sent fear through the seven regions of hell. "

This verse always reminds me that with Mother's grace, every pure thought, every act of kindness, every time sadhana is performed with good intentions we benefit, our ancestry benefits and by extension so too does the world.

Eternal thanks to our Beloved Gurus for their continued love and guidance.

Jai Maa Jai Swamiji , "Nanda" <chandimaakijai wrote:>> Question from Mandakini:> Namaskaram, I would like to know more about how the karma of parents> affects children and further generations and how the karma of children-> our karma - affects ancestors.> > Swamiji's response:> Each individual's karma affects seven generations previous to us and> seven generations that follow us. The influences both bad and good> obviously go to our children, and to theirs all the way down the line.> > Similarly the karmas affect the previous generations and contribute to> or detract from their abilities to give blessings or manifest again in a> higher form.>