IndiaDivine.org

to ramya about 9 day sankalpa

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear ramya ~ Yea! I really really love this idea, and if we can agree to start as early as Saturday, that would be great. One thing I would like, before we start, would be if you and others to send in mantras, with the Sanskrit transliteration and the English, and what they use the mantras for, if possible. If we can't get all this input by Saturday, then we could start next Saturday. I loved the Ganesh mantra you gave, as well as telling about Swamiji chanting Hrim in the car. If you have any more from Swamiji to share, that would be so wonderful; also from Maa.

Here are a couple of mine.

Om Hrim Shrim Durgayai Namaha

I especially use this to to help get me into that gap, which I wrote to Kumari about. It really helps.

Om Namah Shivaya

I don't have any special time of reason to do this one; it just comes up in different circumstances.

Om Hrim Srim Saraswatyai Namaha

I tend to use this one when I am about to do some creative work. Not sure I have it correct, though, so, if not, I hope someone will post the proper way.

Om Lokah Samasta Sukhino Bhavantu

"May all beings have peace"

Again, I don't have a particular time or reason to say this one, although it occurs to me that I could use it when I am having trouble getting into the gap because it is a kind of global prayer for peace.

I hope to hear lots of other mantras and how they are used. Jai Maa!!!! Jai Swamiji!!!!

~ Lindato

ramya wrote:

....A fun project would be to make a list of all the different activities we do and think of which mantra we can use (either before, during or after the activity). We make such a list and try to take a sankalpa, for a day, a week or a Navaratri (9 days!) :) to do this.Does anybody like to try? Please let me know and we can work together to fill our lives with mantra!Swamiji translates mantra as "man trayate iti mantra" -- That which takes away the mind is mantra.Vish, Linda - you were speaking about how we can do Navaratri together - should we try with this practise for 9 days - Saturday is the beginning of a new month in the Hindu calender and we could try to the first 9 days? :) Access 350+ FREE radio stations anytime from anywhere on the web. Get the Radio Toolbar!