IndiaDivine.org

chanting a mantra during most daily tasks

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

this is a great idea. hum. i am really going to think about this.

krishna--- On Thu, 4/23/09, n_ramya108 <n_ramya108 wrote:

n_ramya108 <n_ramya108[www.ShreeMaa.org] Re: Living with our soul : Shree Maa - Thank You! Date: Thursday, April 23, 2009, 4:28 PM

Namaste Everybody!Thanks Sergio, Jill, Krishna, Devi, Kali, Prasana, Vish, Kumari and Linda for sharing your beautiful inspiration with connecting to your soul. :)As i was reading your emails i was remembering the verse from Chapter 5 in the Chandi where Mother says that She is everywhere - if we are able to see that, She is with us always! Thank you all for sharing your inspiration!Jill - i share your feeling too about the struggle to remember the Divine through out the day and one way that Maa and Swamiji show us to do this is with the mantra. It is not just repeating one mantra - but They repeat different mantras at different times :) E.g. when Swamiji enters a room we hear Him chanting "Om Ganeshaya Namah", when He turns on the car engine the Navarna mantra, sometimes in the computer switching to a different program He says "Hrim" -- i feel like He colours the day with mantras, in the midst of work!

:)A fun project would be to make a list of all the different activities we do and think of which mantra we can use (either before, during or after the activity). We make such a list and try to take a sankalpa, for a day, a week or a Navaratri (9 days!) :) to do this.Does anybody like to try? Please let me know and we can work together to fill our lives with mantra!Swamiji translates mantra as "man trayate iti mantra" -- That which takes away the mind is mantra.Vish, Linda - you were speaking about how we can do Navaratri together - should we try with this practise for 9 days - Saturday is the beginning of a new month in the Hindu calender and we could try to the first 9 days? :)Jai Maa! yours lovinglyramya :)

Guest guest

Is there not a list of mantras for various times in the book, The Guru and The Goddess? I do not have the book with me, so I don't have the list to post, but I'm sure I saw something like that. Could someone post the list or talk about it's suitability?

Kumari--- On Fri, 4/24/09, Elizabeth Conley <p2u2al wrote:

Elizabeth Conley <p2u2al[www.ShreeMaa.org] chanting a mantra during most daily tasks Date: Friday, April 24, 2009, 12:46 PM

this is a great idea. hum. i am really going to think about this.

krishna--- On Thu, 4/23/09, n_ramya108 <n_ramya108 > wrote:

n_ramya108 <n_ramya108 >[www.ShreeMaa. org] Re: Living with our soul : Shree Maa - Thank You!Thursday, April 23, 2009, 4:28 PM

Namaste Everybody!Thanks Sergio, Jill, Krishna, Devi, Kali, Prasana, Vish, Kumari and Linda for sharing your beautiful inspiration with connecting to your soul. :)As i was reading your emails i was remembering the verse from Chapter 5 in the Chandi where Mother says that She is everywhere - if we are able to see that, She is with us always! Thank you all for sharing your inspiration!Jill - i share your feeling too about the struggle to remember the Divine through out the day and one way that Maa and Swamiji show us to do this is with the mantra. It is not just repeating one mantra - but They repeat different mantras at different times :) E.g. when Swamiji enters a room we hear Him chanting "Om Ganeshaya Namah", when He turns on the car engine the Navarna mantra, sometimes in the computer switching to a different program He says "Hrim" -- i feel like He colours the day with mantras, in the midst of work!

:)A fun project would be to make a list of all the different activities we do and think of which mantra we can use (either before, during or after the activity). We make such a list and try to take a sankalpa, for a day, a week or a Navaratri (9 days!) :) to do this.Does anybody like to try? Please let me know and we can work together to fill our lives with mantra!Swamiji translates mantra as "man trayate iti mantra" -- That which takes away the mind is mantra.Vish, Linda - you were speaking about how we can do Navaratri together - should we try with this practise for 9 days - Saturday is the beginning of a new month in the Hindu calender and we could try to the first 9 days? :)Jai Maa! yours lovinglyramya :)