IndiaDivine.org

to ramya about listing daily activities

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear ramya ~ I think having everyone put up a list is a great idea. Of course some people's will be different. For example, for many, driving would be one, and you mentioned Swamaji chanting Hrim when starting the engine. Does he then continue to say it while driving or only when turning on the car over. I don't drive, so mine would be riding in the car. Okay, here's what I come up with.

Waking before getting up (if I stay awake, I usually do my mantra at this time, around 4:30 am

Getting up and getting dressed in the morning*

Then I go to my computer to read Devi Mandir Digest and listen to some bhajans and some chants. I usually listen to the following mantras, and sometimes chant along silently (my hubby is still asleep). The mantras I usually listen to are Om Asatoma Sadgamaya, Om Purnamadah, and sometimes the Tryambakam mantra. After that I do my morning sadhana which includes chanting the 108 names.

Feeding my Dog, Pepper*

Making Coffee (sometimes I remember and chant Om Namah Shivaya at this time.)

Going back to my computer and doing some "work," i.e., finishing reading new posts, looking at the sites where I purchase beads to check out any recent orders (where they are in the pipeling), etc. Usually, I am listening to spiritual music while I do this.

Eating breakfast.*

Playing with my dog, Pepper. (not sure I could add mantra here because this is my 100% facetime with Pepper, and as he is retrieving his toy and charging back up the hall to the living room, I am cheering him on. He is 14 years old, and I do what I can to keep him active. He is a canine soul mate, and when we are interacting, it feels very spiritual to me. (You can probably tell I have some fear because Pepper is really getting up there in dog years. I want him to stick around for a long time.)

Doing what little housework I am able to do.*

Doing some beadwork.* (I usually have the tv on at this time, but I could try chanting when I'm doing it.)

Riding in car (every few days to go to doctors)* (Sometimes I chant the Durga mantra during this.)

Sitting in doctors' offices.*

Making and eating lunch.*

More work on the computer (not sure I could do a mantra when working to complete my book I hope to get published)

More beadwork or working on my artwork.*

Making and eating dinner.* (again, I usually have the tv on, so this would be a good place to add mantra)

More beadwork or working on artwork.*

Bathing, getting ready to go to sleep."

Most nights I fall asleep while chanting the Durga mantra silently.

My life, as you see, is a bit regimented, due to my illnesses, but there are lots of opportunities to add spiritual work, chanting mantra. I pray in the morning that all I do, experience, say, think will be a reflection of the Divine, but this resolve usually melts away when I am up and busy, so mantra would help me remember.

I really appreciate you, ramya for bringing this idea up and to everyone who has expressed enthusiasm. This would be so great, not just in our own personal lives, but as a group because we are doing it together. That would make my daily work really feel like satsang ... doing my work in the presence of other sadhaks while they are doing theirs. When do we start! (I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's lists. Jai Maa Jai Swamaji

~ Linda

ramya wrote:

....Should we start by listing our activities - we can share them here (e.g. cooking, driving, computer work...) :) Then we can make list of mantras and figure out how we will REMEMBEr and keep track :) And share and grow together. Access 350+ FREE radio stations anytime from anywhere on the web. Get the Radio Toolbar!