IndiaDivine.org

Kumari and all: why do we suffer? How to stop!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Thank you for reposting these sections from The Guru and The Goddess. Much of the suffering in my mind is related to the fact that I am more and more aware of the effects of these arrows that I have shot off in the past and continue to do now. Swamiji described these karmic actions very effectively and precisely. I do not wish to shoot any more of them, seeing that I have to suffer patiently through the reactions now until I am able to willingly lay them at Divine Mother's feet and not repeat them. This is long, slow work.

Fortunately, I have a whole toolbox of tools to use! And the example of Shree Maa and Swamiji and the members of the Family, here, who are serious about their spiritual path. This blessing was here and available to me as soon as I decided that I really wanted it! Maa bless you all!

Jai Kali Maa! Om Namah Shivaya

Kumari--- On Mon, 4/27/09, inspectionconnection108 <inspectionconnection108 wrote:

inspectionconnection108 <inspectionconnection108[www.ShreeMaa.org] Kumari and all: why do we suffer? How to stop! Date: Monday, April 27, 2009, 2:13 AM

Namaste Kumari and all: this is the biggest problem for all of us. I have been thinking about these issues too, and was glad to read your post. To gain another perspective, I turned to the Kasyapa Sutra, P. 13-14, from the book: SHREE MAA THE GURU AND THE GODDESS, because I wanted to trace the cause of my errant behaviors. So many times it is easy to blame others for my fate. I react to a situation because it seems to "threaten" my ego, and as soon as I react "negatively" , I create a whole other chain of events. Swami says: ...We have a lot of outstanding debts. We have many arrows that have been shot off in the atmosphere, and we are waiting for them to land. That is prarabdha karma. It is for the purpose of perfecting our karma, of fulfilling the destiny that we ourselves have created, that we have all taken birth.....Every action has a reaction. As you sow so shall you reap. So how to get off the seemingly endless cycle of action

and reaction?Shree Maa wrote a prayer to Divine Mother which tells us about making friends with prarabhda karma. See P. 13"Oh Dearest Mother, we offer our prayer unto you. We are your children, please accept our plea. Divine Mother, you are the bestower of excellence. You are the well wisher of the universe, the intrinsic nature of the wisdom of existence. You are the form of the creator. Please always illuminate the universe for us. May we become eternally pure and may the spirit of purity reside within us. Please be a protector to all. Please cause all behavior to be true. Illuminate the universe with truth. Please destroy all sin and protect us from all evil. Please emanate light in the form of the bodies of the Gods and Goddesses. Please illuminate all souls with wisdom. This is my prayer."On P. 15., Swami says: " ....there is some reason that it comes into manifestation, and the arrows we have shot will land. When the

stimulus does come, do we react reflexively, or do we control ourselves and design a response that will bring us closer to what we want in furtherance of our goals?Do we know what we want? Or do we react emotionally on transient impulses? When we react emotionally, are we not creating more karma for ourselves, so that once again we condemn ourselves to wait for those new arrows to land?"In the next 2 pages Swami describes the 8 limbs of yoga and how they help us to formulate a goal, and a plan to achieve it.1. Yama: to take control; 2. niyama: create a discipline; 3. asana: putting the body in harmony; 4. pranayama: controlling the breath; 5. pratyahara: withdrawing the senses from the objects of sense-close all your senses and look within; 6. dharana: concentration; 7. dhyana: meditation; samadhi: the perfection of union, completion. On P. 17, Swami summarizes:. .."I don't believe yogis are free from karma. No one is free from

action, not Brahma, not Visnu, or Siva. But people can free themselves from attachment to the fruits of their actions. They can do that by designing their reactions to situations in their lives so as not to get into any deeper trouble than they are already in. ....Yogis figure out what they want to attain and how they should go about getting it, rather than just reacting to every present situation with transient emotion."On P. 20, Swami says: ""I will think, before I respond." As we cultivate this habit of discrimination, we find that anger, passion, greed, lust, avarice, and ignorance all dissolve into discrimination. "Shree Maa says: "Remove the ego and attachment from the performance of all activities for which you are responsible. Go to your places of work, etc., and carry yourselves as a great renunciate. Inspire people to act in truth....."There is so much we can do for ourselves, but ultimately for me, when I am at a loss

for action, and at the end of my rope, I bow down to the feet of Divine Mother and Lord Shiva and ask them for their Grace, to take the energy away from the impulses of duality, and put their attention and energy on the impulses which will take me to my highest ideal of perfection, Oneness with Them. and they always answer my prayer.Jai Ma Jai Swamivishweshwar-- In , Joan Fisher <mjfisher2005@ ...> wrote:>> Today my very heartfelt pondering was over this contradiction: Why, if I am doing puja, japa and at least trying to meditate every day, why do I keep falling back into my bad habits, my anger and self-defeating behaviour? > > I was doing puja to Vishnu, so i opened up Swamiji and Shree Maa's

translation of the Bhagavad Gita and it fell open to Chapter 3.> > Arjuna said: Then why does man move to unite with sin? By what force is he driven, even against his will?> > The Respected Supreme Divinity said: Desire and anger arise from Nature's quality of passion. They are insatiable and terribly wicked. Know them as enemies.> > (They are my asuras, what more can I say? They are deep and seemingly unending at times. I feel like I am dancing on hot coals when they come forward. They are my enemies, indeed)> > As fire is covered by smoke, the highest Ideal is covered by imperfection, the fetus hidden in the womb, just so is Wisdom hidden by these enemies.> > The wisdom of the wise is hidden by these eternal enemies in the form of selfish desires which are insatiable like fire, O Son Of Who Takes Away the

Deficiency of Others.> > (I know this, Gods I know this, and yet I still seem powerless to remove these coverings.)> > The answer is actually in the previous chapter (chapter 2, verse 30)> > With full renunciation, fix your consciousness in spiritual knowledge performing all actions for Me. Becoming free from desire, free from attachment, fight this disease of darkness.> > > This is a fight to the death, as Kali, Durga and Chandi demonstrate amply. But my role is to accept myself as I am and continue to be aware of those self defeating asuras and try to not totally buy into their dark ways, without adding fuel to their fire of anger, fear and attachment/aversion . I offer my spiritual, enlightening actions to Deity as well as my dark moments equally in hopes of attaining the superior position beyond both.> > Pranams to

Swamiji and Shree Maa. > Jai Kali Ma. Om Namah Shivaya.> Kumari> > --- On Wed, 4/22/09, inspectionconnectio n108 <inspectionconnecti on108 > wrote:> > > inspectionconnectio n108 <inspectionconnecti on108 >> [www.ShreeMaa. org] Re: Living with our soul : Shree Maa's teaching> > Wednesday, April 22, 2009, 1:18 AM> > > > > > > > > Namaste all family: I have discovered that when Maa and Swami are performing more sadhana, i.e. during the 9 days of Navaratri, I had much deeper and more profound pujas and meditation. It seemed as if the Self was so much more accessible and lively

during sadhana and daily life. I would perform Shiva puja at the Shiva lingum, Napashwar, in the woods at the Mandir, then sit and meditate for several hours each day during Navaratri. Then I would return to my home and just float through the day. Nothing seemed to bother me. My heart and mind were bathed and soothed by the constant gentle mantra, Om Namah Shiva. > I wonder how many others feel this way? Please share your experiences. It seems that the connection to Maa and Swami is growing stronger. Does it feel that way to others?> I asked Swami if we could extend Navaratri, or create another situation where everyone would perform longer and deeper sadhana, in harmony with them, in order to prolong and deepen this experience. If others are feeling this way, let's let Maa and Swami know so they can consider this request.> The world is in such flux, and so many hearts are crying for peace, And through God's Grace, it seems that we

have this incredible opportunity to help.> > Lova and Jai Maa> > vishweshwar> > , "n_ramya108" <n_ramya108@ ...> wrote:> >> > Beloved Family> > > > Shree Maa once said that in silence we can feel our soul - make connection with Atman. She said that in Her earlier years She never spoke much. When She came to America also, She was very quiet - many old devotees tell us that. Maa said that in that silence we can feel the connection with our soul.> > > > How do you feel the connection with your soul? > > > > With what practice in what situations? W> > > > hat has helped you and what prevents and interupts that connection? > > > > Can you please share your inspiration and help us all go deeper and closer within - and without!> > > > Thank

you! Awaiting your thoughts and inspiration!> > > > Jai Maa!> > > > ramya :)> >>