IndiaDivine.org

to vish and all ~ inserting mantra

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear vish and all ~ first let me apologize if this is saying something I have already sent. I had an email response, then I couldn't find it anywhere ~ not in "sent" mail, not in "mail waiting to send," nowhere, and I very much wanted to share my experiences with inserting chanting of mantra into daily tasks. And forgive me, vish, for chopping up your post. I wanted to get at the kernel of what related to this group sankalpa and what a gift it has already become.

Just now, I am mainly remembering to add mantra chanting to my morning, what ramya referred to as "routine tasks." Until the group comes up with a joint mantra for all to chant during these these times, I am chanting "Om Namah Shivaya."

I am making the coffee, Om Namah Shivaya; I am feeding my dog, Pepper; Om Namah Shivaya; I am getting my daily ration of grapes together, Om Namah Shivaya (I have to do this because the grapes have to be room temperature before I can eat them).

Then "I" disappear, and there is only "making coffee." It is complete union, something I can only compare to those times, when meditating, when all thought/feeling/etc. disappears, and I am only left with "Being," or as Maharishi Mahesh Yogi would have called it, "being the Being." I cannot begin to tell you what a huge gift this is.

Interestingly, when "I" become aware that I am no longer chanting the mantra, it brings me out, which is probably a good thing because we wouldn't want Linda to scald herself on the coffee or spill dog food all over the floor. : )

I can imagine inserting mantra chanting and/or japa into many more tasks. Part ly it is a question about where to go next with this. To ramya, who suggested this, and to all devotees who have so excitedly and lovingly responded, my utmost thanks.

Jai Maa!!! Jai Swamiji!!!

~ Linda

vish wrote:

Namaste Kumari and all: this is the biggest problem for all of us. I have been thinking about these issues too, and was glad to read your post. To gain another perspective, I turned to the Kasyapa Sutra, P. 13-14, from the book: SHREE MAA THE GURU AND THE GODDESS, because I wanted to trace the cause of my errant behaviors....On P. 20, Swami says: ""I will think, before I respond." As we cultivate this habit of discrimination, we find that anger, passion, greed, lust, avarice, and ignorance all dissolve into discrimination."Shree Maa says: "Remove the ego and attachment from the performance of all activities for which you are responsible. Go to your places of work, etc., and carry yourselves as a great renunciate. Inspire people to act in truth....." Access 350+ FREE radio stations anytime from anywhere on the web. Get the Radio Toolbar!