IndiaDivine.org

to vish about praying for the deceased

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear vish ~ I really needed the read this. My mother and I were estranged when she died. Though I had the great good fortune to be with her, along with my sister and daughter, and to pray and sing for her, by the time I arrived, she was no longer able to recognize me. I have not been able to grieve, thorugh I have "spells" of crying, yelling, throwing myself at Mother's feet, etc. I feel her at times trying to connect with me. Even her mother, my beloved grandmother, has tried to connect us. I always fall apart and say "go away; I'm not ready." I feel the hurt and anger of a rejected child (which was definitely one of the patterns that existed between my mother me.

What you have written gives me hope that I will be able to open my heart once again. Even though it is not right after her death, I will practice the sankalpa of praying for my mother and to realize that, despite a life filled with much suffering for her, that, indeed, her life was well lived. Thank you ~ Linda

vish wrote:

....several times I have had the honor of taking the sankalpa of praying for departed souls for the 11 days after death. It is very very powerful and really helps one to experience the oneness of all life...When one is related to, or we are close to the departed soul, then the feeling of helplessness and sorrow is replaced with love and gratitude for a life well lived... Access 350+ FREE radio stations anytime from anywhere on the web. Get the Radio Toolbar!