IndiaDivine.org

to vish about gratitude to ancestors

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear vish ~ thank you for this concrete suggestion. I had been praying for my mother

and including her in with anyone I wanted God/dess to bless when I did my mantra. But I stopped doing it. I needed a way to step outside the lila of my unresolved feelings, and the Tarpana sounds like a concret way to do that. Thank you so much, and for providing the page numbers as well. Fortunately, I have the "Cosmic Puja." Jai Maa Jai Swamiji

~ Linda

vish wrote:

Over the years that I have been performing puja daily, I have incorporated several ways to thank all my ancestors for their gifts. Daily I ask Shiva / Maa to bless them all and send them my love and appreciation, and for the past 6 months, I have been chanting the TARPANA, which is included in the text of THE COSMIC PUJA, on Pages 327-330. This is a formal method of worshiping and thanking our ancestors. One of the verses reads: "Om, My ancestors are my heaven. My ancestors are my Dharma. My ancestors are my highest Tapas. If my ancestors are satisfied, all the Gods will be satisfied."The verses take about 5 minutes to chant, and TARPANA can be easily added to our pujas.If one does the Cosmic Puja, it is part of that system of worship also. I would recommend reviewing the Cosmic Puja video class chapter on TARPANA archived at the Devi Mandir web site. Also, Swami recently said that all of our worship effects 7 generations back in time, and in the future. So, these powerful techniques provide us with a conscious link not only to the past, but to the future, and to all life. Remember Mom this Mother's Day! Find a florist near you now.