IndiaDivine.org

to Kumari about altar and Ma Kali

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear Kumari ~ once again you amaze me, and show me your courage and devotion. I am joyful to hear Ma Kali is coming to live with you and grace your altar. I love the way you describe it. And I am so glad your pain has lessened. Where is your Kali murti coming from? Did you order it? I would so love to know because I would love to get one of Ma Swaraswati.

I want to share with the group that I finally got my own altar up, in a corner of the bedroom. It looks so sweet and inviting tucked into its space in between the wall and one of the huge columns in the apartment (we live in a loft that used to be a factory, so there are several of these ceiling high, very wide columns in our apartment. I have even come to like them, as with the bedroom column, they give a nice place to tuck something precious next to.

Perhaps you will all recall what I went through, worrying about my husband's reaction to my spirituality and to my altar. The other day, he walked past the column and noticed the altar. He said, "What's this?", and then when I told him, he said, "It looks cool." That is the language my hubby thinks in (cool, uncool ... a leftover 1960's thing, I think). I felt so thankful and full of joy, and a bit silly, remembering all the frightened reactions of my own that I was projecting onto David. Thank God/dess; thank you Shiva; thank you Ma Saraswati, thank you Maa and Swamiji. And again, thank you Kumari, for sharing your process of putting your altar together and then moving it, and now your joy that it will become home for Kali Ma.

~ Linda

I will share a funny therapy story with you. One day, when I was with my therapist, who is very spiritually minded, I talked about my altar. He began to get a puzzled, somewhat concerned look on his face, so I said, "What!!!" He said, "Alters?". I had the gift of laughter as I explained about my altar. He thought I was telling him that I had other people inside of me (known as altars for those that have multiple personality disorder). After I explained what I was talking about, we both had lots of laughter. : )

Kumari wrote:

My hip and back pain have lessened, so that I am able to walk a distance easily that was extremely painful just a week or two ago. That opens the way for me to work on my health by excercising. Tomorrow is the day that I received my statue of Kali which is the heart of my temple and my Ishta Devata. Everything that has happened to me spiritually in the past year has developed out of that one event. I remember how excited I was that Ma Kali was coming to live with me. It totally surprised me. I have my temple set up in one of the bedrooms here, with lovely statues and flowers, it is becoming a place where puja and meditation is a joy to perform. I had a beautiful day today. I went to the mall and it was crowded, but all around me were friendly happy people and I had a couple of conversations with strangers who were so nice. The sun was out, even though the prediction was rain as of yesterday. I felt very blessed. Thank you Maa. Recession-proof vacation ideas. Find free things to do in the U.S.

Guest guest

It is great to have a special place to relax and chant and meditate, isn't it? A place where we can set things up the way that appeals to us. A little spot of beauty and peace in a troubled world.

Acutally, my Bhavatarini Ma is one year old today. I guess I was unclear in what I said. So I am celebrating the one year anniversary of Her arrival. She came to me on May 11, 2008 and I have been doing my best to take care of her since. For a while a mail order company had Kali statues which were copies of the deity from Dakshineswar, which is what attracted my attention immediately, being familiar with Ramakrishna and the temple there through the monks of the Ramakrishna order and my reading. I was surprised at my reaction after I had ordered the statue. I looked so forward to having Her with me.

The odd thing is my husband decided to move things around in the bedroom so that I could have the altar in the proper direction the other day (the only place we could put it was on the west wall at first) and as it turned out he finished rearranging things on the evening before this anniversary. I did not even remind him of this. He even helped me move the table. So now the altar is on the North wall and I can swear it feels better and Mom is happier. How Maa arranges things so they happen just right!

Jai Shree Maa and Swamiji! Jai Ma Kali! Jai Shiva!

Kumari

--- On Mon, 5/11/09, nierika <nierika wrote:

nierika <nierika[www.ShreeMaa.org] Re: to Kumari about altar and Ma Kali Date: Monday, May 11, 2009, 6:05 AM

Dear Kumari ~ once again you amaze me, and show me your courage and devotion. I am joyful to hear Ma Kali is coming to live with you and grace your altar. I love the way you describe it. And I am so glad your pain has lessened. Where is your Kali murti coming from? Did you order it? I would so love to know because I would love to get one of Ma Swaraswati.

I want to share with the group that I finally got my own altar up, in a corner of the bedroom. It looks so sweet and inviting tucked into its space in between the wall and one of the huge columns in the apartment (we live in a loft that used to be a factory, so there are several of these ceiling high, very wide columns in our apartment. I have even come to like them, as with the bedroom column, they give a nice place to tuck something precious next to.

Perhaps you will all recall what I went through, worrying about my husband's reaction to my spirituality and to my altar. The other day, he walked past the column and noticed the altar. He said, "What's this?", and then when I told him, he said, "It looks cool." That is the language my hubby thinks in (cool, uncool ... a leftover 1960's thing, I think). I felt so thankful and full of joy, and a bit silly, remembering all the frightened reactions of my own that I was projecting onto David. Thank God/dess; thank you Shiva; thank you Ma Saraswati, thank you Maa and Swamiji. And again, thank you Kumari, for sharing your process of putting your altar together and then moving it, and now your joy that it will become home for Kali Ma.

~ Linda

I will share a funny therapy story with you. One day, when I was with my therapist, who is very spiritually minded, I talked about my altar. He began to get a puzzled, somewhat concerned look on his face, so I said, "What!!!" He said, "Alters?". I had the gift of laughter as I explained about my altar. He thought I was telling him that I had other people inside of me (known as altars for those that have multiple personality disorder). After I explained what I was talking about, we both had lots of laughter. : )

Kumari wrote:

My hip and back pain have lessened, so that I am able to walk a distance easily that was extremely painful just a week or two ago. That opens the way for me to work on my health by excercising. Tomorrow is the day that I received my statue of Kali which is the heart of my temple and my Ishta Devata. Everything that has happened to me spiritually in the past year has developed out of that one event. I remember how excited I was that Ma Kali was coming to live with me. It totally surprised me. I have my temple set up in one of the bedrooms here, with lovely statues and flowers, it is becoming a place where puja and meditation is a joy to perform. I had a beautiful day today. I went to the mall and it was crowded, but all around me were friendly happy people and I had a couple of conversations with strangers who were so

nice. The sun was out, even though the prediction was rain as of yesterday. I felt very blessed. Thank you Maa.

Recession-proof vacation ideas. Find free things to do in the U.S.