IndiaDivine.org

to Kumari about life's canvas

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear Kumari ~ thank you again; my altar is a place of beauty in a troubled world. In that sense, also is my dwelling. Since I was very small, I always had a sense of the space that a person lived in was special ~ an expression of the aesthetic and the sacred. So I feel as though where I live is like one big canvas on which I am painting. I guess you could say the same about life. Our lives are the canvas on which we paint ~ through our actions, our thoughts, our emotions. Usually, my life has been a bit harder to get a grasp on, so it has many expressionist areas with swirls of confusion and scumbles of painted emotional pain. But it is all part of the whole, and so these too fit and make a beautiful picture, with liquid strokes of love and spiraled strokes of beauty and the sacred. (I never thought of my life this way before, so thank you Kumari for again bringing a realization to me.)

Kumari wrote:

It is great to have a special place to relax and chant and meditate, isn't it? A place where we can set things up the way that appeals to us. A little spot of beauty and peace in a troubled world. ... The odd thing is my husband decided to move things around in the bedroom so that I could have the altar in the proper direction the other day (the only place we could put it was on the west wall at first) and as it turned out he finished rearranging things on the evening before this anniversary. I did not even remind him of this. He even helped me move the table. So now the altar is on the North wall and I can swear it feels better and Mom is happier. How Maa arranges things so they happen just right! Recession-proof vacation ideas. Find free things to do in the U.S.