IndiaDivine.org

Swamiji answers - 20 - More on Visarjan

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Question from Dan:Namaste Swamiji, the reason I asked about visarjan is because lately my puja has been immersed in prayer for my band, community, family, our land and our farm. I also have been traveling and playing music festivals and praying for the land, the community, the people - praying to Ganesh Shiva and Maa to reside there and help people and for their obstacles to be removed, sending love and healing vibrations. So there is a feeling of wanting to keep the deity residing there. I am seeking to do this with the utmost respect to Ganesha Shiva and Maa.I read in the "Sahib Sadhu" about the yagya performed in a town that was full of rivalry and it helped to bring peace some way some how. I am wondering if this "shamanic" application of puja is mostly common in tantric system or is this all throughout the vedas. Is this a correct bhava for puja that I am coming to understand? I feel that especially the chandi path has such healing power. I am wondering if we as practitioners are to consciously harness this quality or just practice for our own moksha? As I have heard you say how can I be liberated unless everyone is liberated. Thank you for allowing me the space to ask these questions.with love, danSwamiji's response:Namaste Dan,When you make visarjana with the intention of leaving at least a portion of the energy, just make that mental prayer before completion of removing the energy. Then you can take just enough energy with you in order to establish it in the next location.The application of worship to the community is not only Tantric, but in the Vedas as well. So you can easily pray for the benefit of your community, even while you pray for liberation. Actually they are not separate.