IndiaDivine.org

to Ambika about interfering mind

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear Ambika ~ I would be surprised if everyone here hasn't experienced this at one time or another. I know I do. Sometimes this lack of focus may be with me the entire time, sometimes for only a moment or two. Either way, I do the same thing ... like the turtle, I just keep going. Even if my mind is beset with things to do, I still just keep going. I think Maa knows that we have these times, yet we can continue on, using the tools that she and Swamiji have provided. I know this may seem too simple, but if I just keep going, no matter what my mind may be doing (jumping around like a monkey), knowing that I have done my best is enough. Jai Maa Jai Swamiji

~ Linda

Ambika wrote:

....But I admit, I find I have times when I sit down to my sankalpa, chanting, meditating, whatever, and my mind is not in the right place. It is only concerned with doing what needs to be done.I wonder if others in the group would be willing to share their experiences with this, and what to do to settle the mind into the 'right' mindset. Dell Laptops: Huge Savings on Popular Laptops - Deals starting at $399

Guest guest

Namaste Ambika,I agree with Linda, we all have those moments.Here are a few tools, from the box that Swamiji fills with his teachings, that have come in very handy.When bowing before sitting to do puja I do not allow the self to rise until "I am" is in the wright place. Some times I have to stay a min. to clear the mind and get it centered on what I am about to do.Japa before starting like Swamji mentioned once as a jump start in the morning is WONDERFUL. Meditation after morning arati usually is the most focusing thing. After meditation everything is peaceful and beginning puja is like walking on air.But even then once into the puja the mind can wonders. Then giving the thought (deed being ponder over) to Mother in the puja moment, works wonders. She takes it and then

even slips it back with the answer and wonder of wonders Puja goes on. It's like asking Mother a question and she answers you. Just trusting Her to get back to you with the issue when it is best. Note: this is not done by stopping and praying it is just a quick second if even that. The thought comes, you release to Her as you continue puja and She delivers.Some times it's just a matter of doing it. Like Swamiji says brushing yourself off and keep on going. The big thing is knowing we all have these moments.So glad we are sharing some tools here.Thanks to Mother and Swamiji we have tools that teach us to observe but not get intangled. We just let them pass in practice and watch them solve themselves as the better time comes when we can work with them.Wonderful subject. So glad you brought it to group.__________________________

tana mamavatu, tada vaktaramavatu

avatu mam, avatu vaktaram--- On Wed, 7/1/09, nierika <nierika wrote:nierika <nierika[www.ShreeMaa.org] Re: to Ambika about interfering mind Date: Wednesday, July 1, 2009, 7:16 AM

Dear Ambika ~ I would be surprised if everyone here hasn't experienced this at one time or another. I know I do. Sometimes this lack of focus may be with me the entire time, sometimes for only a moment or two. Either way, I do the same thing ... like the turtle, I just keep going. Even if my mind is beset with things to do, I still just keep going. I think Maa knows that we have these times, yet we can continue on, using the tools that she and Swamiji have provided. I know this may seem too simple, but if I just keep going, no matter what my mind may be doing (jumping around like a monkey), knowing that I have done my best is enough. Jai Maa Jai Swamiji

~ Linda

Ambika wrote:

....But I admit, I find I have times when I sit down to my sankalpa, chanting, meditating, whatever, and my mind is not in the right place. It is only concerned with doing what needs to be done.I wonder if others in the group would be willing to share their experiences with this, and what to do to settle the mind into the 'right' mindset. Dell Laptops: Huge Savings on Popular Laptops - Deals starting at $399

Guest guest

Thank you, LInda and Devi, for your answers.

It is so true, that we just have to keep on going.

I might add to Devi's wonderful list, that I do find that even 5 minutes of

pranayama (particularly, alternate nostril breathing) can help quiet my mind.

And sometimes I chant aloud (and sometimes I accompany myself on harmonium which

adds to the atmosphere). This also helps focus my mind.

But for me, even if I can get quiet at the beginning, it doesn't take much for

me to get distracted!! Ah, the mind -- so busy. Those 'vrittis' are just flying

and whirling. It is such a relief for any moment of quiet they give me.

Thank you again for your responses.

Jai Maa

ambika

, devi <student61754 wrote:

>

> Namaste Ambika,

>

> I agree with Linda, we all have those moments.

>

> Here are a few  tools, from the box that Swamiji fills with his teachings,

that have come in very handy.

>

> When bowing  before sitting to do puja I do not allow the self to rise until

" I am "   is in the wright place.  Some times I have to stay a min. to clear the

mind and get it centered on what I am about to do.

>

> Japa before starting like Swamji mentioned once as a jump start in the morning

is WONDERFUL.

>

> Meditation after morning arati usually is the most focusing thing.

> After meditation everything is peaceful and beginning puja is like walking on

air.

>

> But even then once into the puja the mind can wonders. 

> Then giving the thought (deed being ponder over) to Mother in the puja moment,

works wonders.  She takes it and then even slips it back with the answer and

wonder of wonders Puja goes on.  It's like asking Mother a question and she

answers you. Just trusting Her to get back to you with the issue when it is

best. Note: this is not done by stopping and praying it is just a quick second

if even that.  The thought comes, you release to Her as you continue puja and

She delivers.

>

> Some times it's just a matter of doing it. Like Swamiji says brushing yourself

off and keep on going.

>

> The big thing is knowing we all have these moments.

> So glad we are sharing some tools here.

> Thanks to Mother and Swamiji we have tools that teach us to observe but not

get intangled.  We just let them pass in practice and watch them solve

themselves as the  better time comes when we can work with them.

>

> Wonderful subject. So glad you brought it to group.

>

>

> __________________________

>

> tana mamavatu, tada vaktaramavatu

>

> avatu mam, avatu vaktaram

>

> --- On Wed, 7/1/09, nierika <nierika wrote:

>

> nierika <nierika

> [www.ShreeMaa.org] Re: to Ambika about interfering mind

>

> Wednesday, July 1, 2009, 7:16 AM

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

Dear Ambika ~ I would be surprised if everyone here hasn't experienced this

> at one time or another. I know I do. Sometimes this lack of focus may

> be with me the entire time, sometimes for only a moment or two. Either way, I

do

> the same thing ... like the turtle, I just keep going. Even if my mind is

beset

> with things to do, I still just keep going. I think Maa knows that we have

these

> times, yet we can continue on, using the tools that she and Swamiji have

> provided. I know this may seem too simple, but if I just keep going, no matter

> what my mind may be doing (jumping around like a monkey), knowing that I have

> done my best is enough. Jai Maa  Jai Swamiji

> ~ Linda

>  

>

> Ambika wrote:

> ...But I

> admit, I find I have times when I sit down to my sankalpa, chanting,

> meditating, whatever, and my mind is not in the right place. It is only

> concerned with doing what needs to be done.

>

> I wonder if others in the

> group would be willing to share their experiences with this, and what to do

to

> settle the mind into the 'right'

> mindset.

>

> Dell Laptops: Huge Savings on Popular Laptops - Deals starting at $399

>