IndiaDivine.org

to srini about deeper understanding

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear srini ~ I am so happy you posted this. I always love it whenever Swamiji goes into breaking down the meaning of a word, letter by letter. It adds so much richness to the understanding of the larger meanings of a word or paired words. I can't really explain it very well; perhaps it is like first having a rough sketch, then seeing the completed painting (the explanation), and then comprehending how that marvelously reflects and casts light on the Reality the two stages of the art work are meant to portray. Thank you ~ Linda

Jai Maa Jai Swamiji

srini wrote:

Lakshminarayanabhyam NamahaThe suffix bhyam is used for the dual person for the dative case (to or from ..)We bow to Laksmî and Nârâyanâ, the goal of all existence and the perceiver of allLakshya is goal. Swamiji says, "Lakshmi manifest the goal, every aim in existence. What our goals are what we value; that which we value is our wealth. And it is in this sense that Laksmi is the Goddess of Wealth, our goals, values, our aspirations."Lakshmi is the consort of Narayana. Narayana is another name of Lord Vishnu / Krishna. Actually name #245 in Vishnu Sahasranam.Nayana means eye. In that sense, Sri Narayana is the perceiver of all.Naara means pertaining to mankind. Ayana is place of refuge (Manu Smriti, see Monier Williams page 84). Thus Narayana is also the refuge for all mankind. An Excellent Credit Score is 750. See Yours in Just 2 Easy Steps!