IndiaDivine.org

to Sal and all about dark night of the soul

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear sal and all ~ I have mostly been quiet on this topic because I still feel I am only a beginner. But I have been going through a "dark night of the soul, which I feel may be similar. I have this feeling that I don't care about anything, that all the things I identified as part of my core identity, such as my art and my writing no longer matter. Yet my spiritual progress has not lifted to the point to fill this void that I feel. It's a difficult place to be in. I would love to hear from anyone who has experienced similar feelings, especially if there are "answers" to be found. (Of course, I know one person's answer won't be another's, but still, reading what people have to write really helps.) Jai Maa Jai Swamiji

~ Linda

Sal wrote:

How can we live/grow on a spiritual journey when our surroundings/families no longer seem condusive?It's all energy, pure and simple. As you truly, deeply progress on your spiritual journey, you raise your personal vibration (the energy that every atom of your existence and spirit spills out to the universe). The energies increasingly become more clear and more pure and more delightful, and most lower vibrating forms around you become almost repulsive to be around. People who you loved seem to give you "bad vibes". Things you liked to do no longer seem fun or important. Issues that concerned you in the past no longer seem relevant. Most of life all becomes sort of silly.It doesn't make anyone wrong or bad or lessor (or greater for that matter) in God's eyes...it's just a matter of energies getting along with others.That's why you see children - especially those with special needs - so loving and pure to everyone, without bias or judgement. They love everyone and everything equally - until they come across something or someone that gives them bad vibes and makes them uncomfortable. They know to simply move away from the offensive energy, without attaching all the emotional baggage to it.This is what's happening with your family and friends. You are raising your vibrational energy and they are not. And it's making being around those energies very uncomfortable. Unless they choose to move along their own ascension (higher energies love to play!), it's going to get more and more abrasive as time goes on.Looking at it as simply changing energies, and not casting blame or judgement as to "right or wrong" lends a refreshing detachment to flowing through life. You get good vibes and you get bad vibes. And you stay to play or you simply move on. Dell Deals: Treat yourself to a sweet deal on popular laptops!

Guest guest

I feel that we are all in a similar shift. everyone i know is being brought to the next step of evolution. i feel its very important to allow the death to pass and focus on the birth. what AM i birthing? how can i make it all work. i feel that to separate art and sadhana is dangerous. i left a music group that was no longer aligning with me, it was a very hard decision. one of the reasons was to do more sadhana. to me that doesnt mean stop playing music and only chant sanskrit. it means find the next level to make my art align as sadhana. so to me that music is manifesting as more kirtan and musical prayer. we worship Ma here in this group and i feel its important to recognize that she gave us these gifts so that we can help heal ourselves and others. art is an incredibly powerful tool for awakening. now how can we incorporate our gifts in the world into being clearer vessles. swamiji is a perfect example, im sure he has some computer training, and he left that job, and brought the talents with him to manifest in a new way. now we can watch him on webcam teaching thousands. worldly talents are not the enemy, they are part of the goal.

every paint stroke is a sloka

every musical note is a bija

every song is really sung to god

every color on the palette is ma's expression of love

namaste

nierika

Wed, Jul 22, 2009 8:49 am

[www.ShreeMaa.org] Re: to Sal and all about dark night of the soul

Dear sal and all ~ I have mostly been quiet on this topic because I still feel I am only a beginner. But I have been going through a "dark night of the soul, which I feel may be similar. I have this feeling that I don't care about anything, that all the things I identified as part of my core identity, such as my art and my writing no longer matter. Yet my spiritual progress has not lifted to the point to fill this void that I feel. It's a difficult place to be in. I would love to hear from anyone who has experienced similar feelings, especially if there are "answers" to be found. (Of course, I know one person's answer won't be another's, but still, reading what people have to write really helps.) Jai Maa Jai Swamiji

~ Linda

Sal wrote:

How can we live/grow on a spiritual journey when our surroundings/families no longer seem condusive?

It's all energy, pure and simple. As you truly, deeply progress on your spiritual journey, you raise your personal vibration (the energy that every atom of your existence and spirit spills out to the universe). The energies increasingly become more clear and more pure and more delightful, and most lower vibrating forms around you become almost repulsive to be around. People who you loved seem to give you "bad vibes". Things you liked to do no longer seem fun or important. Issues that concerned you in the past no longer seem relevant. Most of life all becomes sort of silly.

It doesn't make anyone wrong or bad or lessor (or greater for that matter) in God's eyes...it's just a matter of energies getting along with others.

That's why you see children - especially those with special needs - so loving and pure to everyone, without bias or judgement. They love everyone and everything equally - until they come across something or someone that gives them bad vibes and makes them uncomfortable. They know to simply move away from the offensive energy, without attaching all the emotional baggage to it.

This is what's happening with your family and friends. You are raising your vibrational energy and they are not. And it's making being around those energies very uncomfortable. Unless they choose to move along their own ascension (higher energies love to play!), it's going to get more and more abrasive as time goes on.

Looking at it as simply changing energies, and not casting blame or judgement as to "right or wrong" lends a refreshing detachment to flowing through life. You get good vibes and you get bad vibes. And you stay to play or you simply move on.

Dell Deals: Treat yourself to a sweet deal on popular laptops!

Guest guest

Dearest Linda,We have all been through this in some way. At this time it is very deep for me also, so I understand. I have cleared out my sites and just resting in Mothers arms. Just waiting for Her wishes. There are nights that the ego and mind plague me but I know my family is praying for all of us and assure myself that Mother knows where we are. When it's at its strongest I refuse to cut back on my mantras as I feel they are a light in the tunnel of love.Usually I add to them when it's craziest.Swamiji has told us to hold onto Mother tight. Holding on to Her Saree with japa.Some nights when climbing into bed, the head is spinning, so folding the hands in prayer and laying on my side & placeing them on my pillow in front of the face japa begins-

Om sanatani maya vidmahe jnana prakasayai dhimahe tanno sri mam pracodayat Hari nam Om we meditate on the Eternal Measurement of Consciousness, we contemplate She who illuminates wisdom. May that Shree Maa grant us increase.Hari-GodNam-Calling GodI believe that is how it translates.This brings Mother quickly and Her love is warm and comforting.ALL that is left to do is to bath in the peace.The mind only sees

Mother.Her wisdom is with you always.Just inside your own heart.Call her.Love, Love, Love,Jai Maa, Jai SwamijiD __________________________

tana mamavatu, tada vaktaramavatu

avatu mam, avatu vaktaram--- On Wed, 7/22/09, nierika <nierika wrote:nierika <nierika[www.ShreeMaa.org] Re: to Sal and all about dark night of the soul Date: Wednesday, July 22, 2009, 8:49 AM

~ Linda

Sal wrote:

How can we live/grow on a spiritual journey when our surroundings/ families no longer seem condusive?It's all energy, pure and simple. As you truly, deeply progress on your spiritual journey, you raise your personal vibration (the energy that every atom of your existence and spirit spills out to the universe). The energies increasingly become more clear and more pure and more delightful, and most lower vibrating forms around you become almost repulsive to be around. People who you loved seem to give you "bad vibes". Things you liked to do no longer seem fun or important. Issues that concerned you in the past no longer seem relevant. Most of life all becomes sort of silly.It doesn't make anyone wrong or bad or lessor (or greater for that matter) in God's eyes...it's just a matter of energies getting along with others.That's why you see children - especially those with special needs - so loving and pure to everyone, without bias or judgement. They love everyone and everything equally - until they come across something or someone that gives them bad vibes and makes them uncomfortable. They know to simply move away from the offensive energy, without attaching all the emotional baggage to it.This is what's happening with your family and friends. You are raising your vibrational energy and they are not. And it's making being around those energies very uncomfortable. Unless they choose to move along their own ascension (higher energies love to play!), it's going to get more and more abrasive as time goes on.Looking at it as simply changing energies, and not casting blame or judgement as to "right or wrong" lends a refreshing detachment to flowing through life. You get good vibes and you get bad vibes. And you stay to play or you simply move on. Dell Deals: Treat yourself to a sweet deal on popular laptops!

Guest guest

Hi Linda,

I can relate to your dillema about not being where you want to be spiritually and not fully content with your career life. I lost my current job today after many weeks of hard work due to management issues. I believe though, it is important to progress spiritually. Hence, I am relying on my instinct of falling back on spiritual support to get the right guidance in life (career, family, etc.). Many people whom we interact with do not have a spiritual awareness and thus don't see life as some of us-struggling to climb the spiritual ladder. My advice is to keep in touch and incorporate your spiritual insight into your writings...eventually, you will voluntairly or involuntairly come up with the solution. Good luck on your spiritual progress, it's only God that exists and no point of living for anything else. Hope this is enlightning to you.

Jai Maa.

Neeraj

"nierika" <nierika Sent: Wednesday, July 22, 2009 5:49:16 AM[www.ShreeMaa.org] Re: to Sal and all about dark night of the soul

~ Linda

Sal wrote:

How can we live/grow on a spiritual journey when our surroundings/ families no longer seem condusive?It's all energy, pure and simple. As you truly, deeply progress on your spiritual journey, you raise your personal vibration (the energy that every atom of your existence and spirit spills out to the universe). The energies increasingly become more clear and more pure and more delightful, and most lower vibrating forms around you become almost repulsive to be around. People who you loved seem to give you "bad vibes". Things you liked to do no longer seem fun or important. Issues that concerned you in the past no longer seem relevant. Most of life all becomes sort of silly.It doesn't make anyone wrong or bad or lessor (or greater for that matter) in God's eyes...it's just a matter of energies getting along with

others.That's why you see children - especially those with special needs - so loving and pure to everyone, without bias or judgement. They love everyone and everything equally - until they come across something or someone that gives them bad vibes and makes them uncomfortable. They know to simply move away from the offensive energy, without attaching all the emotional baggage to it.This is what's happening with your family and friends. You are raising your vibrational energy and they are not. And it's making being around those energies very uncomfortable. Unless they choose to move along their own ascension (higher energies love to play!), it's going to get more and more abrasive as time goes on.Looking at it as simply changing energies, and not casting blame or judgement as to "right or wrong" lends a refreshing detachment to flowing through life. You get good vibes and you get bad

vibes. And you stay to play or you simply move on.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest guest

Dear Linda:

I can relate to your dark night of the soul. I pretty much got kicked out of my

graduate program (long story), and I've been almost completely unemployable. Not

to mention three years ago, my daughter left and never came back until recently.

She had moved back into our home with her boyfriend. Six days later she left

without saying a word. She did this and all the other running away with funds

provided by my parents. Anyway my life sounds like a soap opera right now.

Although my writing right now is the only thing that keeps me going. Honestly

sometimes meditation is all I have even though I don't seem to get relief. I get

relief for the few minutes of prayer.

Shanti Om!

Starla

, nierika wrote:

>

> Dear sal and all ~ I have mostly been quiet on this topic because I still

> feel I am only a beginner. But I have been going through a " dark night of

> the soul, which I feel may be similar. I have this feeling that I don't care

> about anything, that all the things I identified as part of my core

> identity, such as my art and my writing no longer matter. Yet my spiritual

> progress has not lifted to the point to fill this void that I feel. It's a

> difficult place to be in. I would love to hear from anyone who has experienced

> similar feelings, especially if there are " answers " to be found. (Of course,

> I know one person's answer won't be another's, but still, reading what

> people have to write really helps.) Jai Maa Jai Swamiji

> ~ Linda