IndiaDivine.org

to Sal about art and evolving

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear Sal ~ All I can say is a grateful "ditto." I have used my visual art and my music throughout my life as healing tools for myself and others. One of the hard things about my illness is that it has taken away my ability (stamina) to perform and hence share my music with others. I do feel a push to pick up my guitar and sing. The voice I "hear" says for me not to worry about how I sound or that I don't sound the way I used to; just sing for God/dess. As I recover from my knee replacement, which oddly affected my entire body, I will pick up my guitar again and see what happens.

I totally agree about the evolutionary shift and about talent being a God/dess given gift, not to be hidden, but to be used to celebrate and worship. I really appreciate everything you said about this, as it added to my desire to get back to my art work. I think its wonderful that your music evolved along with you, and, of course, it would. I'll try to contemplate what I am birthing and to give it all the help it needs (and get out of the way when appropriate).

Jai Maa Jai Swamiji

~ Linda

Sal wrote:

I feel that we are all in a similar shift. everyone i know is being brought to the next step of evolution. i feel its very important to allow the death to pass and focus on the birth. what AM i birthing? how can i make it all work. i feel that to separate art and sadhana is dangerous.?i left a music group that was no longer aligning with me, it was a very hard decision. one of the reasons was to do more sadhana. to me that doesnt mean stop playing music and only chant sanskrit.?it means find the next level to make my art align as sadhana. so to me that music is manifesting as more kirtan and musical prayer. we worship?Ma here in this group and i feel its important to recognize that?she gave us these gifts so that we can help heal ourselves and others. art is an incredibly powerful tool for awakening. now how can we incorporate our gifts in the world into being clearer vessles. swamiji is a perfect example, im sure he has some computer training, and he left that job, and brought the talents with him to manifest in a new way. now we can watch him on webcam teaching thousands. worldly talents are not the enemy, they are part of the goal. every paint stroke is a slokaevery musical note is a bijaevery song is really sung to godevery color on the palette?is ma's expression of love Dell Deals: Treat yourself to a sweet deal on popular laptops!