IndiaDivine.org

My Mom

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hello everyone and peace to all of you: a few weeks ago I posted that my mom

passed on suddenly, and today was her memorial service.

I want to say thank you to all of you who sent prayers and words of comfort

during this time. It has really meant a lot to me.

I also have to say, I am completely floored at what a powerful experience this

is. To experience the 'death' of one's mother is life-changing for everyone.

But I can only speak, of course, from my own experience. And every day, maybe

nearly every moment, I am just so surprised at how this is going. What amazes

me is that I am not completely devastated. I have had many tears, sure, and

will have many more, for the human loss, for knowing I will never see her sweet

smile or hear her sweet voice again.

But the fact is, my mom is such a pure-hearted being, that there is not much to

feel devastated about. She lived simply, she loved unconditionally, she cared

more for others than herself. She " dropped her body " effortlessly and I feel

strongly that she is delighted, now, with her present state of being. While in

a human body, she was a living, breathing, walking example of the St Francis

Prayer.

That was my experience of her. And today, my family and I held a memorial

service at her church home, a Lutheran church. There was a time in the service

when the Pastor invited people to get up and share their memories.

There was a woman whom I did not know (who worked with my mom for three years)

who got up and spoke. I, and most people, were moved to tears by her sharing.

She said that there were people from all walks of life at their workplace, and

my mom never had an unkind word for anyone, she never judged anyone, she always

had a smile on her face. If someone needed some money my mom gave it to them and

never asked for it back (even though she had nothing), if she was eating

something in the break room and someone walked in she always offered them some

of what she was eating.

Then my brother got up and shared about his relationship with my mom, and he

said two things (in an ocean of things) that really stuck with me. First, he

said, " I don't think my mom knew...none of us know....although maybe she knows

now...what the ripple effects are of living your life the way she lived

it....giving someone a few quarters so they can get a snack out of the vending

machine on their break, for example. " And second, he said that " in the world's

eyes, mom's life didn't amount to much, but in terms of heavenly treasures, she

nailed it. "

It was one powerful learning experience to live 'on earth' with mom. It is

another altogether to witness and experience her passing out of the body. There

is a sense now that she is leading me onward without limitations, that she is

ever present, and that her sweet sweet spirit is free now and even stronger, to

pass on her wisdom.

Those of us who knew her feel strongly an imperative to pass it on, the love we

received from her. Many people said to me after the service, " hearing about

your mom made me want to be a better...grandma, friend, person. "

I don't quite know how to put into words (and thus I am maybe sharing too many

for you all to read, so please forgive me for this long post!) what I am

learning from all of this, but as I experience her passing, I think too of other

Teachers that have helped me in my life. And I think about this sweet

mysterious thing called living, where the smallest things maybe matter more than

we think. Where heaven and earth can truly become one. Where we have the grand

opportunity to praise, worship, pray, transcend and transform.

One of the stories that first made me fall in love with Shree Maa is the one

where she talks about, when she was young, tossing a broom in a closet when she

was done cleaning and experiencing the admonishment of her inner teacher, who

told her to treat the broom with respect. I just love that story. What a high

calling Shree Maa exemplifies for us to follow, through that story. To

recognize the divinity in everything, to treat all (yes, a broom) with respect.

My mom's presence in my life was and is a form of Divine Mother's grace. That

grace helped me to recognize the pure heart of Shree Maa, Mother to All. Shree

Maa's presence in my life purifies my heart even more, helping me to see my mom

even more clearly. It feels like a circle. I have more gratitude than I can

express.

Thank you for listening. Jennifer

Guest guest

Interesting and I'm sorry for your loss. I have to say that my mom is to a very good person as your once were. But i don't think that you should say that your mom went on. She is still here in your heart and do never forget that!!! She is here and there. She is everywhere!! Love here as you loved her in physical form. Love here with your heart and never forget here ( " Life is just a memory " once great Tantric sed)!

2009/8/3 jrholm1007 <jrholm1007

Hello everyone and peace to all of you: a few weeks ago I posted that my mom passed on suddenly, and today was her memorial service.

I want to say thank you to all of you who sent prayers and words of comfort during this time. It has really meant a lot to me.

I also have to say, I am completely floored at what a powerful experience this is. To experience the 'death' of one's mother is life-changing for everyone. But I can only speak, of course, from my own experience. And every day, maybe nearly every moment, I am just so surprised at how this is going. What amazes me is that I am not completely devastated. I have had many tears, sure, and will have many more, for the human loss, for knowing I will never see her sweet smile or hear her sweet voice again.

But the fact is, my mom is such a pure-hearted being, that there is not much to feel devastated about. She lived simply, she loved unconditionally, she cared more for others than herself. She " dropped her body " effortlessly and I feel strongly that she is delighted, now, with her present state of being. While in a human body, she was a living, breathing, walking example of the St Francis Prayer.

That was my experience of her. And today, my family and I held a memorial service at her church home, a Lutheran church. There was a time in the service when the Pastor invited people to get up and share their memories.

There was a woman whom I did not know (who worked with my mom for three years) who got up and spoke. I, and most people, were moved to tears by her sharing. She said that there were people from all walks of life at their workplace, and my mom never had an unkind word for anyone, she never judged anyone, she always had a smile on her face. If someone needed some money my mom gave it to them and never asked for it back (even though she had nothing), if she was eating something in the break room and someone walked in she always offered them some of what she was eating.

Then my brother got up and shared about his relationship with my mom, and he said two things (in an ocean of things) that really stuck with me. First, he said, " I don't think my mom knew...none of us know....although maybe she knows now...what the ripple effects are of living your life the way she lived it....giving someone a few quarters so they can get a snack out of the vending machine on their break, for example. " And second, he said that " in the world's eyes, mom's life didn't amount to much, but in terms of heavenly treasures, she nailed it. "

It was one powerful learning experience to live 'on earth' with mom. It is another altogether to witness and experience her passing out of the body. There is a sense now that she is leading me onward without limitations, that she is ever present, and that her sweet sweet spirit is free now and even stronger, to pass on her wisdom.

Those of us who knew her feel strongly an imperative to pass it on, the love we received from her. Many people said to me after the service, " hearing about your mom made me want to be a better...grandma, friend, person. "

I don't quite know how to put into words (and thus I am maybe sharing too many for you all to read, so please forgive me for this long post!) what I am learning from all of this, but as I experience her passing, I think too of other Teachers that have helped me in my life. And I think about this sweet mysterious thing called living, where the smallest things maybe matter more than we think. Where heaven and earth can truly become one. Where we have the grand opportunity to praise, worship, pray, transcend and transform.

One of the stories that first made me fall in love with Shree Maa is the one where she talks about, when she was young, tossing a broom in a closet when she was done cleaning and experiencing the admonishment of her inner teacher, who told her to treat the broom with respect. I just love that story. What a high calling Shree Maa exemplifies for us to follow, through that story. To recognize the divinity in everything, to treat all (yes, a broom) with respect.

My mom's presence in my life was and is a form of Divine Mother's grace. That grace helped me to recognize the pure heart of Shree Maa, Mother to All. Shree Maa's presence in my life purifies my heart even more, helping me to see my mom even more clearly. It feels like a circle. I have more gratitude than I can express.

Guest guest

What a wonderful testimony for your Mom. My Mom passed away just a couple of

years ago. We had our abrasive moments, but the truth is she was there for me

whenever I really needed her and she had a beautiful send off, with many friends

coming to visit her as she went through this transition. I was there for her

too, as much as I could be, since I was living in the same house. I am sorry to

say I was not at her side when she went on, but I feel I did everything that I

possibly could and that makes all the difference in how you feel after they are

gone.

You see a person in a whole new light when they are dying. You manage to see

their greatness and also their beautiful humaness. It does change who you are

and the relationship between you and your Mom. I wish her happiness and exactly

what she wanted in the afterlife. And even better things.

Jai Maa! Jai Swamiji!

Kumari

, " jrholm1007 " <jrholm1007 wrote:

>

> Hello everyone and peace to all of you: a few weeks ago I posted that my mom

>

> I want to say thank you to all of you who sent prayers and words of comfort

>

> I also have to say, I am completely floored at what a powerful experience this

is. To experience the 'death' of one's mother is life-changing for everyone.

But I can only speak, of course, from my own experience. And every day, maybe

nearly every moment, I am just so surprised at how this is going. What amazes

me is that I am not completely devastated. I have had many tears, sure, and

will have many more, for the human loss, for knowing I will never see her sweet

smile or hear her sweet voice again.

>

> But the fact is, my mom is such a pure-hearted being, that there is not much

to feel devastated about. She lived simply, she loved unconditionally, she

cared more for others than herself. She " dropped her body " effortlessly and I

feel strongly that she is delighted, now, with her present state of being.

While in a human body, she was a living, breathing, walking example of the St

Francis Prayer.

>

> That was my experience of her. And today, my family and I held a memorial

>

> There was a woman whom I did not know (who worked with my mom for three years)

who got up and spoke. I, and most people, were moved to tears by her sharing.

She said that there were people from all walks of life at their workplace, and

my mom never had an unkind word for anyone, she never judged anyone, she always

had a smile on her face. If someone needed some money my mom gave it to them and

never asked for it back (even though she had nothing), if she was eating

something in the break room and someone walked in she always offered them some

of what she was eating.

>

> Then my brother got up and shared about his relationship with my mom, and he

machine on their break, for example. " And second, he said that " in the world's

nailed it. "

>

> It was one powerful learning experience to live 'on earth' with mom. It is

pass on her wisdom.

>

> Those of us who knew her feel strongly an imperative to pass it on, the love

we received from her. Many people said to me after the service, " hearing about

>

> I don't quite know how to put into words (and thus I am maybe sharing too many

for you all to read, so please forgive me for this long post!) what I am

learning from all of this, but as I experience her passing, I think too of other

mysterious thing called living, where the smallest things maybe matter more than

>

> One of the stories that first made me fall in love with Shree Maa is the one

>

> My mom's presence in my life was and is a form of Divine Mother's grace. That

grace helped me to recognize the pure heart of Shree Maa, Mother to All. Shree

Maa's presence in my life purifies my heart even more, helping me to see my mom

even more clearly. It feels like a circle. I have more gratitude than I can

express.

>

> Thank you for listening. Jennifer

>

Guest guest

Oh and i have to say that it looks like you are a very strong person. I will cry for years every day so much that you can't imagine :S. I don't even think that i could stand such presure because i only have my mother (i have a father but he is very materialistic person and we are in conflict). So i will pray for you!

2009/8/3 Danilo Jezernik <danilo.jezernik

Interesting and I'm sorry for your loss. I have to say that my mom is to a very good person as your once were. But i don't think that you should say that your mom went on. She is still here in your heart and do never forget that!!! She is here and there. She is everywhere!! Love here as you loved her in physical form. Love here with your heart and never forget here ( " Life is just a memory " once great Tantric sed)!

2009/8/3 jrholm1007 <jrholm1007

Hello everyone and peace to all of you: a few weeks ago I posted that my mom passed on suddenly, and today was her memorial service.

I want to say thank you to all of you who sent prayers and words of comfort during this time. It has really meant a lot to me.

I also have to say, I am completely floored at what a powerful experience this is. To experience the 'death' of one's mother is life-changing for everyone. But I can only speak, of course, from my own experience. And every day, maybe nearly every moment, I am just so surprised at how this is going. What amazes me is that I am not completely devastated. I have had many tears, sure, and will have many more, for the human loss, for knowing I will never see her sweet smile or hear her sweet voice again.

But the fact is, my mom is such a pure-hearted being, that there is not much to feel devastated about. She lived simply, she loved unconditionally, she cared more for others than herself. She " dropped her body " effortlessly and I feel strongly that she is delighted, now, with her present state of being. While in a human body, she was a living, breathing, walking example of the St Francis Prayer.

That was my experience of her. And today, my family and I held a memorial service at her church home, a Lutheran church. There was a time in the service when the Pastor invited people to get up and share their memories.

There was a woman whom I did not know (who worked with my mom for three years) who got up and spoke. I, and most people, were moved to tears by her sharing. She said that there were people from all walks of life at their workplace, and my mom never had an unkind word for anyone, she never judged anyone, she always had a smile on her face. If someone needed some money my mom gave it to them and never asked for it back (even though she had nothing), if she was eating something in the break room and someone walked in she always offered them some of what she was eating.

Then my brother got up and shared about his relationship with my mom, and he said two things (in an ocean of things) that really stuck with me. First, he said, " I don't think my mom knew...none of us know....although maybe she knows now...what the ripple effects are of living your life the way she lived it....giving someone a few quarters so they can get a snack out of the vending machine on their break, for example. " And second, he said that " in the world's eyes, mom's life didn't amount to much, but in terms of heavenly treasures, she nailed it. "

It was one powerful learning experience to live 'on earth' with mom. It is another altogether to witness and experience her passing out of the body. There is a sense now that she is leading me onward without limitations, that she is ever present, and that her sweet sweet spirit is free now and even stronger, to pass on her wisdom.

Those of us who knew her feel strongly an imperative to pass it on, the love we received from her. Many people said to me after the service, " hearing about your mom made me want to be a better...grandma, friend, person. "

I don't quite know how to put into words (and thus I am maybe sharing too many for you all to read, so please forgive me for this long post!) what I am learning from all of this, but as I experience her passing, I think too of other Teachers that have helped me in my life. And I think about this sweet mysterious thing called living, where the smallest things maybe matter more than we think. Where heaven and earth can truly become one. Where we have the grand opportunity to praise, worship, pray, transcend and transform.

One of the stories that first made me fall in love with Shree Maa is the one where she talks about, when she was young, tossing a broom in a closet when she was done cleaning and experiencing the admonishment of her inner teacher, who told her to treat the broom with respect. I just love that story. What a high calling Shree Maa exemplifies for us to follow, through that story. To recognize the divinity in everything, to treat all (yes, a broom) with respect.

My mom's presence in my life was and is a form of Divine Mother's grace. That grace helped me to recognize the pure heart of Shree Maa, Mother to All. Shree Maa's presence in my life purifies my heart even more, helping me to see my mom even more clearly. It feels like a circle. I have more gratitude than I can express.

Guest guest

Dear Danilo, thank you so much. I appreciate your prayers. And love love love

the reminder that she is always in my heart.

And that's just it...what I was trying to convey (not very accurately) with my

words, is that I DO feel her presence now, and it's different than her presence

was in a human body, it's lighter, more ever HERE...not so many limitations!

And I am one who believes that our humanness is not less than our soul or

spirituality, just a different wavelength of the spectrum of creation, all of it

beautiful, no separation (body over here, soul over there...)

So I'm not trying to say that mom's presence now is better than when she was in

body, it's just different. Her humanness was absolutely lovely too.

And by the way I don't think that you are any less strong for crying every day

if and when you need to. Tears are water for the soul, and those who grieve

honestly honor their beloveds with that deep emotion, and cleanse their own

being with that true sorrow. I think that feeling the sorrow that is there and

crying as much as you need to takes great great strength.

Thanks for the dialogue. Jennifer

, Danilo Jezernik <danilo.jezernik wrote:

>

> Oh and i have to say that it looks like you are a very strong person. I will

> cry for years every day so much that you can't imagine :S. I don't even

> think that i could stand such presure because i only have my mother (i have

> a father but he is very materialistic person and we are in conflict). So i

> will pray for you!

>

> 2009/8/3 Danilo Jezernik <danilo.jezernik

>

> > Interesting and I'm sorry for your loss. I have to say that my mom is to a

> > very good person as your once were. But i don't think that you should say

> > that your mom went on. She is still here in your heart and do never forget

> > that!!! She is here and there. She is everywhere!! Love here as you loved

> > her in physical form. Love here with your heart and never forget here ( " Life

> > is just a memory " once great Tantric sed)!

> >

> > 2009/8/3 jrholm1007 <jrholm1007

> >

> >

> >>

> >> Hello everyone and peace to all of you: a few weeks ago I posted that my

> >> mom passed on suddenly, and today was her memorial service.

> >>

> >> I want to say thank you to all of you who sent prayers and words of

> >> comfort during this time. It has really meant a lot to me.

> >>

> >> I also have to say, I am completely floored at what a powerful experience

> >> this is. To experience the 'death' of one's mother is life-changing for

> >> everyone. But I can only speak, of course, from my own experience. And

every

> >> day, maybe nearly every moment, I am just so surprised at how this is

going.

> >> What amazes me is that I am not completely devastated. I have had many

> >> tears, sure, and will have many more, for the human loss, for knowing I

will

> >> never see her sweet smile or hear her sweet voice again.

> >>

> >> But the fact is, my mom is such a pure-hearted being, that there is not

> >> much to feel devastated about. She lived simply, she loved unconditionally,

> >> she cared more for others than herself. She " dropped her body " effortlessly

> >> and I feel strongly that she is delighted, now, with her present state of

> >> being. While in a human body, she was a living, breathing, walking example

> >> of the St Francis Prayer.

> >>

> >> That was my experience of her. And today, my family and I held a memorial

> >> service at her church home, a Lutheran church. There was a time in the

> >> service when the Pastor invited people to get up and share their memories.

> >>

> >> There was a woman whom I did not know (who worked with my mom for three

> >> years) who got up and spoke. I, and most people, were moved to tears by her

> >> sharing. She said that there were people from all walks of life at their

> >> workplace, and my mom never had an unkind word for anyone, she never judged

> >> anyone, she always had a smile on her face. If someone needed some money my

> >> mom gave it to them and never asked for it back (even though she had

> >> nothing), if she was eating something in the break room and someone walked

> >> in she always offered them some of what she was eating.

> >>

> >> Then my brother got up and shared about his relationship with my mom, and

> >> he said two things (in an ocean of things) that really stuck with me.

First,

> >> he said, " I don't think my mom knew...none of us know....although maybe she

> >> knows now...what the ripple effects are of living your life the way she

> >> lived it....giving someone a few quarters so they can get a snack out of

the

> >> vending machine on their break, for example. " And second, he said that " in

> >> the world's eyes, mom's life didn't amount to much, but in terms of

heavenly

> >> treasures, she nailed it. "

> >>

> >> It was one powerful learning experience to live 'on earth' with mom. It is

> >> another altogether to witness and experience her passing out of the body.

> >> There is a sense now that she is leading me onward without limitations,

that

> >> she is ever present, and that her sweet sweet spirit is free now and even

> >> stronger, to pass on her wisdom.

> >>

> >> Those of us who knew her feel strongly an imperative to pass it on, the

> >> love we received from her. Many people said to me after the service,

> >> " hearing about your mom made me want to be a better...grandma, friend,

> >> person. "

> >>

> >> I don't quite know how to put into words (and thus I am maybe sharing too

> >> many for you all to read, so please forgive me for this long post!) what I

> >> am learning from all of this, but as I experience her passing, I think too

> >> of other Teachers that have helped me in my life. And I think about this

> >> sweet mysterious thing called living, where the smallest things maybe

matter

> >> more than we think. Where heaven and earth can truly become one. Where we

> >> have the grand opportunity to praise, worship, pray, transcend and

> >> transform.

> >>

> >> One of the stories that first made me fall in love with Shree Maa is the

> >> one where she talks about, when she was young, tossing a broom in a closet

> >> when she was done cleaning and experiencing the admonishment of her inner

> >> teacher, who told her to treat the broom with respect. I just love that

> >> story. What a high calling Shree Maa exemplifies for us to follow, through

> >> that story. To recognize the divinity in everything, to treat all (yes, a

> >> broom) with respect.

> >>

> >> My mom's presence in my life was and is a form of Divine Mother's grace.

> >> That grace helped me to recognize the pure heart of Shree Maa, Mother to

> >> All. Shree Maa's presence in my life purifies my heart even more, helping

me

> >> to see my mom even more clearly. It feels like a circle. I have more

> >> gratitude than I can express.

> >>

> >> Thank you for listening. Jennifer

> >>

> >>

> >>

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

Dear Kumari, thank you for sharing about your mom too. Thank you bunches for

your well wishes for her! Yes, even better things!! I think that's how it is.

And I wish the same for your mom too! : ) Jennifer

, " mjfisher2005 " <mjfisher2005 wrote:

>

> What a wonderful testimony for your Mom. My Mom passed away just a couple of

years ago. We had our abrasive moments, but the truth is she was there for me

whenever I really needed her and she had a beautiful send off, with many friends

coming to visit her as she went through this transition. I was there for her

too, as much as I could be, since I was living in the same house. I am sorry to

say I was not at her side when she went on, but I feel I did everything that I

possibly could and that makes all the difference in how you feel after they are

gone.

>

> You see a person in a whole new light when they are dying. You manage to see

their greatness and also their beautiful humaness. It does change who you are

and the relationship between you and your Mom. I wish her happiness and exactly

what she wanted in the afterlife. And even better things.

>

> Jai Maa! Jai Swamiji!

>

> Kumari

>

> , " jrholm1007 " <jrholm1007@> wrote:

> >

> > Hello everyone and peace to all of you: a few weeks ago I posted that my mom

> >

> > I want to say thank you to all of you who sent prayers and words of comfort

> >

> > I also have to say, I am completely floored at what a powerful experience

this is. To experience the 'death' of one's mother is life-changing for

everyone. But I can only speak, of course, from my own experience. And every

day, maybe nearly every moment, I am just so surprised at how this is going.

What amazes me is that I am not completely devastated. I have had many tears,

sure, and will have many more, for the human loss, for knowing I will never see

her sweet smile or hear her sweet voice again.

> >

> > But the fact is, my mom is such a pure-hearted being, that there is not much

to feel devastated about. She lived simply, she loved unconditionally, she

cared more for others than herself. She " dropped her body " effortlessly and I

feel strongly that she is delighted, now, with her present state of being.

While in a human body, she was a living, breathing, walking example of the St

Francis Prayer.

> >

> > That was my experience of her. And today, my family and I held a memorial

> >

> > There was a woman whom I did not know (who worked with my mom for three

years) who got up and spoke. I, and most people, were moved to tears by her

sharing. She said that there were people from all walks of life at their

workplace, and my mom never had an unkind word for anyone, she never judged

anyone, she always had a smile on her face. If someone needed some money my mom

gave it to them and never asked for it back (even though she had nothing), if

she was eating something in the break room and someone walked in she always

offered them some of what she was eating.

> >

> > Then my brother got up and shared about his relationship with my mom, and he

nailed it. "

> >

> > It was one powerful learning experience to live 'on earth' with mom. It is

pass on her wisdom.

> >

> > Those of us who knew her feel strongly an imperative to pass it on, the love

we received from her. Many people said to me after the service, " hearing about

> >

> > I don't quite know how to put into words (and thus I am maybe sharing too

many for you all to read, so please forgive me for this long post!) what I am

> >

> > One of the stories that first made me fall in love with Shree Maa is the one

> >

> > My mom's presence in my life was and is a form of Divine Mother's grace.

That grace helped me to recognize the pure heart of Shree Maa, Mother to All.

Shree Maa's presence in my life purifies my heart even more, helping me to see

my mom even more clearly. It feels like a circle. I have more gratitude than I

can express.

> >

> > Thank you for listening. Jennifer

> >

>