IndiaDivine.org

to Jennifer: Mother and Teacher

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear Jennifer ~ what you shared about your mother -- her living and her passing -- was moving and beautiful, and I am glad you shared all you had to give. What a marvelous experience to have one of your teachers be your own Mother. My relationship with my grandmother was like that, and I feel she still guides me today. Jai Maa Jai Swamiji

~ Linda

Jennifer wrote:

....It was one powerful learning experience to live 'on earth' with mom. It is another altogether to witness and experience her passing out of the body. There is a sense now that she is leading me onward without limitations, that she is ever present, and that her sweet sweet spirit is free now and even stronger, to pass on her wisdom.Those of us who knew her feel strongly an imperative to pass it on, the love we received from her. Many people said to me after the service, "hearing about your mom made me want to be a better...grandma, friend, person."I don't quite know how to put into words (and thus I am maybe sharing too many for you all to read, so please forgive me for this long post!) what I am learning from all of this, but as I experience her passing, I think too of other Teachers that have helped me in my life. And I think about this sweet mysterious thing called living, where the smallest things maybe matter more than we think. Where heaven and earth can truly become one. Where we have the grand opportunity to praise, worship, pray, transcend and transform.One of the stories that first made me fall in love with Shree Maa is the one where she talks about, when she was young, tossing a broom in a closet when she was done cleaning and experiencing the admonishment of her inner teacher, who told her to treat the broom with respect. I just love that story. What a high calling Shree Maa exemplifies for us to follow, through that story. To recognize the divinity in everything, to treat all (yes, a broom) with respect.My mom's presence in my life was and is a form of Divine Mother's grace. That grace helped me to recognize the pure heart of Shree Maa, Mother to All. Shree Maa's presence in my life purifies my heart even more, helping me to see my mom even more clearly. It feels like a circle. I have more gratitude than I can express.