IndiaDivine.org

to Starla about dark nights and daughters

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear Starla ~ thank you for sharing your experience. I too am missing my daughter, but have a lot of grief and loss to contend with. Because I moved away from Maryland I am no longer able to be part of her everyday life ... just on a casual friend basis, as well as a mom basis. I miss her so much, and if I had the wherewithall (funds), I'd move back to Maryland. But I've made a commitment to my husband, with whom I reconciled about two years ago after a 29 year separation (!!! I know, it's pretty amazing !!!). I will be spending Christmas with her and her hubby, and I look forward to that very happily.

I am sorry to hear about your experience with graduate school. I had a close friend that happened to, and it was a horrible experience for her. May your employment situation look up soon and meet your needs. Jai Maa Jai Swamiji

~ Linda

Starla wrote:

I can relate to your dark night of the soul. I pretty much got kicked out of my graduate program (long story), and I've been almost completely unemployable. Not to mention three years ago, my daughter left and never came back until recently. She had moved back into our home with her boyfriend. Six days later she left without saying a word. She did this and all the other running away with funds provided by my parents. Anyway my life sounds like a soap opera right now.Although my writing right now is the only thing that keeps me going. Honestly sometimes meditation is all I have even though I don't seem to get relief. I get relief for the few minutes of prayer.