IndiaDivine.org

PLS READ THE BOOKS

Rate this topic

Guest guest

JAI GURUDEV

dear friends,

i dont know why ppl ask questions,although its a very healthy thing

to ask bcoz only asking we gain knowledge.

pls first read :

sri devi atharvasheesh

sri devi mahatamya

sri devi geeta

srimad devi bhawat puran

tripura rahasya

it is not necessary to know hindi or sanskrit,bcoz mother knows

all languages and she reveales herself in many forms.

english reading will also give punay-merit and knowledge.

pls pls pls.after reading this majority of yr questions will be solved.

om shakti

gopal

On 8/10/09, bmarley343 <bmarley343 wrote:

your own physical gentle compassionate mother, if she needs will become a fierce dark warrior and defend you from anyone trying to harm her sweet child. my mom would do anything to keep me protected. i could definately see her turn into kali for me if she had to. 

its esoteric symbolism. sometimes ya get it, sometimes ya dont. hanuman is a monkey. for people who dont understand the esoteric symbolism they could see all kinds of redicule . for those who hanuman calls to they can see every divine attribute in life track back to that specific form. this is what they are there for. it is best to practice and find out for ourselves why it is this way or that. this is what all the masters tell us. the bottom line is that the form is just there to refine our minds, to give focus and attention. cus quite frankly worshipping a wall is boring =)

i appreciate all of the passion that brother bob has stimulated in the group. its beautiful to see, pranams to all of you =) bob_walk2 <bob_walk2

Sent: Sat, Aug 8, 2009 4:00 pm[www.ShreeMaa.org] Re: a blunt question

Hello Joan, Well said in the description of your faith in Goddess Kali!For myself the Ocean of ParaSakti without the human and or celestial aspects and forms is what I would relate to as the ultimate of Motherhood; I may have to move on soon since I don't want to intrude on your (and other peoples) form of religion with more bluntness.

Good day, Bob , Joan Fisher <mjfisher2005 wrote:

>> Kali is very hard to explain and I, too was aghast at Her appearance at one time.  Now, She is My Mother and I do not find Her ugly or terrifying.  She is dark and powerful and beautiful.  Who can explain the devotion of one to another who cannot see the image with love?  Mother is Mother, whether dark or fair, ugly or beautiful.  She has taken away my Darkness time and again. 

>  > Only a glimpse of Her is seen in human mothers, who will willingly defend their children to the death, wreaking terrible vengence.  In Kali I see that Mother Who will protect me in that way.  I see myself.  Her love was so strong that She did not stop once all the enemies were gone until Shiva lay down in Her path and She turned Her eyes on Him and recognized Her beloved, Her other half, Her child.  I know very little of philosophy, I am not learned, but I recognize this as a true story in a deep and timeless way.  Have you seen a human woman defend her self with all her fury and emotion let loose?  Have you seen a bear or a lion defend it's territory or offspring?  Then you have seen a fraction of Kali's nature. 

>  > Kali's meaning is also, not to take things only at the appearance level.  It is easy to love the beautiful, the placid, the calm.  But, within even the awful appearance is the loving heart.  Her worship teaches not to take things on face value.  God's blessings are sometimes terrible in our notion of what is bad, but turn out to be blessings nonetheless.  God is beyond our notions of what is good or evil.  All turns out to be good, because it all brings us to Her. 

>  > We all fear the destruction of the Ego, but what appears to us a tragic loss at one time, when we have screwed up our lives and relied on ourselves with very bad results, then we are willing to let it go.  And Kali takes that Ego, chops off it's head and carries it as a reminder that is very hard to ignore to continue to let go of the Ego.  This individual self is in Her hands, now and always.  Jai Kali Ma!  Victory to You, O Mother of the Universe!

>  > Jai Shree Maa, Jai Swamiji!>  > Kumari> > --- On Fri, 8/7/09, bob_walk2 <bob_walk2 wrote:> > > bob_walk2 <bob_walk2> [www.ShreeMaa.org] Re: a blunt question

> > Friday, August 7, 2009, 7:04 PM> >

>   > > > > > Hello to everyone, thank you for taking the time to give your many replies back to this string!> > I think we have an incredible amount of material of interest here that could be further discussed.

> > For instance from bmarely God is related to as, " GOD IS ALL " ;> or if I understood him correctly both good and evil. Frankly I'm not interested in a God or Goddess who is both good and evil, although I'm interested in a God or Goddess who is beyond both good and evil.

> > I have somewhat of a hard time with violent images representing God or Goddess as being that which is beyond both good and evil. Or of the ideas of violence overcoming violence in defense of natural goodness.

> > I believe that many little kids get more than enough violence from various images and also in the facts of their young lives from many various sources, are they also to get it from various religions? (and it seems that most major religions have God or Goddess that are involved in various forms of violence)

> > As for Hindu forms, there are many extremely powerful and invincible images (and in principles) that don't have the drastic limb and head chopping depictions (even if such chopping is only meant to be symbolic, ...btw the vast armies that have died on various battle-fields throughout history are not symbolic) Thus I firmly feel and believe that there is not a single deva, Mahadeva, spiritual teacher, saints or masters (female or male) that can use any form of violence against any other form of violence and remain in spiritual attainment, for in doing so they would be breaking the first and most important foundational and exacting universal law of yama.

> > Sanatana Dharma is not a man made religion, thus in consideration of that very major factor it is unlike religions inspired by the founder/Saints of other religions.> > Th vast Mystery (or the idea of darkness as being the unknown mystery) of the universe does not also hold the connotation of fearsome violence for me.

> > ParaShakti is an Ocean of Love ...without inspiring fear in even the the weakest, most fearfully ridden and tragic soul. Grace comes through Divine Shakti.> > Here is an image if you will, a trillion volts and amps of electricity does not need to willfully protect itself from anything - such is done so automatically by its inherent nature.

> > Stories, yes some are just stories. Stories, no some are actual souls and people involved in actual events and facts. > > Om> > , " bob_walk2 " <bob_walk2@ ..> wrote:

> >> > > > Hello, > > > > Does anyone know why certain Hindu images of Gods and Goddess are so violent looking, and in some cases violent sounding and or violent acting per recorded doctrines?

> > > > My take is that as soon as, or instantly so to speak that any one (whether they be human, deva, or of the Gods and Goddess's) engages in the consciousness of violence then one instantly falls into the lower astral realms or worlds because the Divine Dharma automatically and absolutely does not allow violence to exist in the higher heavenly worlds!! (or the worlds of the heavenly devas, the Gods and Goddess's, and also of the the human Masters and Saints that have attained the same) Thus how could the Gods or Goddess's engage in forms of violence and still remain in the Divine, non-violent consciousness?

> > > > Further, with evil being automatically and completely blocked from access to certain heavenly worlds, ...how could ANY Divine Being use violence against violence or evil against evil while they are acting in the lesser worlds (where btw evil is not being completely or automatically blocked) and still maintain the Divine consciousness?

> > > > Om> >> 

My understanding is: We ask questions in order to strengthen ourselves in our path and to share with each other in satsang and strengthen all the devotees. We refine our understnding of what we have read and experienced. That is what this group is for. It does not replace the reading that many of us do, but is in addition to that. The three helps for devotees are : The guru, the scriptures and the others on the path. The satsang is like a fortification we can enter to keep the world away for a few moments. I myself live far away from any group like this that I could talk and share with. I am so happy when people post, ask questions, talk about their experiences and the tools in Mother's toolkit that we can use to keep on the spiritual path. And we can ask questions of Swami Satyananda here and he

can share with us his extensive wisdom from years of practice and study.

Peace to all. Jai Maa!

Kumari

--- On Mon, 8/10/09, gopal narayan <gopalnarayan123 wrote:

gopal narayan <gopalnarayan123[www.ShreeMaa.org] PLS READ THE BOOKS Date: Monday, August 10, 2009, 6:09 AM

JAI GURUDEV

dear friends,

pls first read :

sri devi atharvasheesh

sri devi mahatamya

sri devi geeta

srimad devi bhawat puran

tripura rahasya

pls pls pls.after reading this majority of yr questions will be solved.

om shakti

gopal

On 8/10/09, bmarley343 (AT) aim (DOT) com <bmarley343 (AT) aim (DOT) com> wrote:

your own physical gentle compassionate mother, if she needs will become a fierce dark warrior and defend you from anyone trying to harm her sweet child. my mom would do anything to keep me protected. i could definately see her turn into kali for me if she had to. its esoteric symbolism. sometimes ya get it, sometimes ya dont. hanuman is a monkey. for people who dont understand the esoteric symbolism they could see all kinds of redicule . for those who hanuman calls to they can see every divine attribute in life track back to that specific form. this is what they are there for. it is best to practice and find out for ourselves why it is this way or that. this is what all the masters tell us. the bottom line is that the form is just there to refine our minds, to give focus and attention. cus quite frankly worshipping a wall is boring =)

i appreciate all of the passion that brother bob has stimulated in the group. its beautiful to see, pranams to all of you =) bob_walk2 <bob_walk2 >Sat, Aug 8, 2009 4:00 pm[www.ShreeMaa. org] Re: a blunt question

Hello Joan, Well said in the description of your faith in Goddess Kali!For myself the Ocean of ParaSakti without the human and or celestial aspects and forms is what I would relate to as the ultimate of Motherhood; I may have to move on soon since I don't want to intrude on your (and other peoples) form of religion with more bluntness.Good day, Bob, Joan Fisher <mjfisher2005@ ...> wrote:>> Kali is very hard to explain and I, too was aghast at Her appearance at one time. Now, She is My Mother and I do not find Her ugly or terrifying. She is dark and powerful and beautiful. Who can explain the devotion of one to another who cannot see the image with love? Mother is Mother, whether dark

or fair, ugly or beautiful. She has taken away my Darkness time and again. > > Only a glimpse of Her is seen in human mothers, who will willingly defend their children to the death, wreaking terrible vengence. In Kali I see that Mother Who will protect me in that way. I see myself. Her love was so strong that She did not stop once all the enemies were gone until Shiva lay down in Her path and She turned Her eyes on Him and recognized Her beloved, Her other half, Her child. I know very little of philosophy, I am not learned, but I recognize this as a true story in a deep and timeless way. Have you seen a human woman defend her self with all her fury and emotion let loose? Have you seen a bear or a lion defend it's territory or offspring? Then you have seen a fraction of Kali's nature. > > Kali's meaning is also, not to take things only at the appearance

level. It is easy to love the beautiful, the placid, the calm. But, within even the awful appearance is the loving heart. Her worship teaches not to take things on face value. God's blessings are sometimes terrible in our notion of what is bad, but turn out to be blessings nonetheless. God is beyond our notions of what is good or evil. All turns out to be good, because it all brings us to Her. > > We all fear the destruction of the Ego, but what appears to us a tragic loss at one time, when we have screwed up our lives and relied on ourselves with very bad results, then we are willing to let it go. And Kali takes that Ego, chops off it's head and carries it as a reminder that is very hard to ignore to continue to let go of the Ego. This individual self is in Her hands, now and always. Jai Kali Ma! Victory to You, O Mother of the Universe!> >

Jai Shree Maa, Jai Swamiji!> > Kumari> > --- On Fri, 8/7/09, bob_walk2 <bob_walk2@.. .> wrote:> > > bob_walk2 <bob_walk2@.. .>> [www.ShreeMaa.org] Re: a blunt question> > Friday, August 7, 2009, 7:04 PM> > > > > > > > Hello to everyone, thank you for taking the time to give your many replies back to this string!> > I think we have an incredible amount of material of interest here that could be further discussed.> > For instance from bmarely God is related to as, "GOD IS ALL";> or if I understood

him correctly both good and evil. Frankly I'm not interested in a God or Goddess who is both good and evil, although I'm interested in a God or Goddess who is beyond both good and evil. > > I have somewhat of a hard time with violent images representing God or Goddess as being that which is beyond both good and evil. Or of the ideas of violence overcoming violence in defense of natural goodness.> > I believe that many little kids get more than enough violence from various images and also in the facts of their young lives from many various sources, are they also to get it from various religions? (and it seems that most major religions have God or Goddess that are involved in various forms of violence)> > As for Hindu forms, there are many extremely powerful and invincible images (and in principles) that don't have the drastic limb and head chopping depictions (even if such chopping is only meant to be symbolic,

....btw the vast armies that have died on various battle-fields throughout history are not symbolic) Thus I firmly feel and believe that there is not a single deva, Mahadeva, spiritual teacher, saints or masters (female or male) that can use any form of violence against any other form of violence and remain in spiritual attainment, for in doing so they would be breaking the first and most important foundational and exacting universal law of yama. > > Sanatana Dharma is not a man made religion, thus in consideration of that very major factor it is unlike religions inspired by the founder/Saints of other religions.> > Th vast Mystery (or the idea of darkness as being the unknown mystery) of the universe does not also hold the connotation of fearsome violence for me.> > ParaShakti is an Ocean of Love ...without inspiring fear in even the the weakest, most fearfully ridden and tragic soul. Grace comes through Divine

Shakti.> > Here is an image if you will, a trillion volts and amps of electricity does not need to willfully protect itself from anything - such is done so automatically by its inherent nature. > > Stories, yes some are just stories. Stories, no some are actual souls and people involved in actual events and facts. > > Om> > , "bob_walk2" <bob_walk2@ ..> wrote:> >> > > > Hello, > > > > Does anyone know why certain Hindu images of Gods and Goddess are so violent looking, and in some cases violent sounding and or violent acting per recorded doctrines?> > > > My take is that as soon as, or instantly so to speak that any one (whether they be human, deva, or of the Gods and Goddess's) engages in the consciousness of violence then one instantly falls into the lower astral realms or worlds

because the Divine Dharma automatically and absolutely does not allow violence to exist in the higher heavenly worlds!! (or the worlds of the heavenly devas, the Gods and Goddess's, and also of the the human Masters and Saints that have attained the same) Thus how could the Gods or Goddess's engage in forms of violence and still remain in the Divine, non-violent consciousness?> > > > Further, with evil being automatically and completely blocked from access to certain heavenly worlds, ...how could ANY Divine Being use violence against violence or evil against evil while they are acting in the lesser worlds (where btw evil is not being completely or automatically blocked) and still maintain the Divine consciousness?> > > > Om> >>

jai gurudev

dear friend,

i dont disagree with u,but reading the books will definately help.

pls do try it u will get loads of knowledge on divine mother,many things

which may not have been discussed on satsang or site.

om shakti

gopal 

On 8/10/09, Joan Fisher <mjfisher2005 wrote:

My understanding is:  We ask questions in order to strengthen ourselves in our path and to share with each other in satsang and strengthen all the devotees.  We refine our understnding of what we have read and experienced.  That is what this group is for.  It does not replace the reading that many of us do, but is in addition to that.  The three helps for devotees are :  The guru, the scriptures and the others on the path.  The satsang is like a fortification we can enter to keep the world away for a few moments.  I myself live far away from any group like this that I could talk and share with.  I am so happy when people post, ask questions, talk about their experiences and the tools in Mother's toolkit that we can use to keep on the spiritual path.  And we can ask questions of Swami Satyananda here and he can share with us his extensive wisdom from years of practice and study.

Peace to all.  Jai Maa!

Kumari

--- On Mon, 8/10/09, gopal narayan <gopalnarayan123 wrote:

gopal narayan <gopalnarayan123

[www.ShreeMaa.org] PLS READ THE BOOKS

Monday, August 10, 2009, 6:09 AM

JAI GURUDEV

dear friends,

pls first read :

sri devi atharvasheesh

sri devi mahatamya

sri devi geeta

srimad devi bhawat puran

tripura rahasya

pls pls pls.after reading this majority of yr questions will be solved.

om shakti

gopal

On 8/10/09, bmarley343 (AT) aim (DOT) com <bmarley343 (AT) aim (DOT) com> wrote:

your own physical gentle compassionate mother, if she needs will become a fierce dark warrior and defend you from anyone trying to harm her sweet child. my mom would do anything to keep me protected. i could definately see her turn into kali for me if she had to. 

its esoteric symbolism. sometimes ya get it, sometimes ya dont. hanuman is a monkey. for people who dont understand the esoteric symbolism they could see all kinds of redicule . for those who hanuman calls to they can see every divine attribute in life track back to that specific form. this is what they are there for. it is best to practice and find out for ourselves why it is this way or that. this is what all the masters tell us. the bottom line is that the form is just there to refine our minds, to give focus and attention. cus quite frankly worshipping a wall is boring =)

i appreciate all of the passion that brother bob has stimulated in the group. its beautiful to see, pranams to all of you =) bob_walk2 <bob_walk2 >

Sat, Aug 8, 2009 4:00 pm

[www.ShreeMaa. org] Re: a blunt question

Hello Joan, Well said in the description of your faith in Goddess Kali!For myself the Ocean of ParaSakti without the human and or celestial aspects and forms is what I would relate to as the ultimate of Motherhood; I may have to move on soon since I don't want to intrude on your (and other peoples) form of religion with more bluntness.

Good day, Bob, Joan Fisher <mjfisher2005@ ...> wrote:

>> Kali is very hard to explain and I, too was aghast at Her appearance at one time.  Now, She is My Mother and I do not find Her ugly or terrifying.  She is dark and powerful and beautiful.  Who can explain the devotion of one to another who cannot see the image with love?  Mother is Mother, whether dark or fair, ugly or beautiful.  She has taken away my Darkness time and again. 

>  > Only a glimpse of Her is seen in human mothers, who will willingly defend their children to the death, wreaking terrible vengence.  In Kali I see that Mother Who will protect me in that way.  I see myself.  Her love was so strong that She did not stop once all the enemies were gone until Shiva lay down in Her path and She turned Her eyes on Him and recognized Her beloved, Her other half, Her child.  I know very little of philosophy, I am not learned, but I recognize this as a true story in a deep and timeless way.  Have you seen a human woman defend her self with all her fury and emotion let loose?  Have you seen a bear or a lion defend it's territory or offspring?  Then you have seen a fraction of Kali's nature. 

>  > Kali's meaning is also, not to take things only at the appearance level.  It is easy to love the beautiful, the placid, the calm.  But, within even the awful appearance is the loving heart.  Her worship teaches not to take things on face value.  God's blessings are sometimes terrible in our notion of what is bad, but turn out to be blessings nonetheless.  God is beyond our notions of what is good or evil.  All turns out to be good, because it all brings us to Her. 

>  > We all fear the destruction of the Ego, but what appears to us a tragic loss at one time, when we have screwed up our lives and relied on ourselves with very bad results, then we are willing to let it go.  And Kali takes that Ego, chops off it's head and carries it as a reminder that is very hard to ignore to continue to let go of the Ego.  This individual self is in Her hands, now and always.  Jai Kali Ma!  Victory to You, O Mother of the Universe!

>  > Jai Shree Maa, Jai Swamiji!>  > Kumari> > --- On Fri, 8/7/09, bob_walk2 <bob_walk2@.. .> wrote:> > > bob_walk2 <bob_walk2@.. .>> [www.ShreeMaa.org] Re: a blunt question

> > Friday, August 7, 2009, 7:04 PM

> > >   > > > > > Hello to everyone, thank you for taking the time to give your many replies back to this string!> > I think we have an incredible amount of material of interest here that could be further discussed.

> > For instance from bmarely God is related to as, " GOD IS ALL " ;> or if I understood him correctly both good and evil. Frankly I'm not interested in a God or Goddess who is both good and evil, although I'm interested in a God or Goddess who is beyond both good and evil.

> > I have somewhat of a hard time with violent images representing God or Goddess as being that which is beyond both good and evil. Or of the ideas of violence overcoming violence in defense of natural goodness.

> > I believe that many little kids get more than enough violence from various images and also in the facts of their young lives from many various sources, are they also to get it from various religions? (and it seems that most major religions have God or Goddess that are involved in various forms of violence)

> > As for Hindu forms, there are many extremely powerful and invincible images (and in principles) that don't have the drastic limb and head chopping depictions (even if such chopping is only meant to be symbolic, ...btw the vast armies that have died on various battle-fields throughout history are not symbolic) Thus I firmly feel and believe that there is not a single deva, Mahadeva, spiritual teacher, saints or masters (female or male) that can use any form of violence against any other form of violence and remain in spiritual attainment, for in doing so they would be breaking the first and most important foundational and exacting universal law of yama.

> > Sanatana Dharma is not a man made religion, thus in consideration of that very major factor it is unlike religions inspired by the founder/Saints of other religions.> > Th vast Mystery (or the idea of darkness as being the unknown mystery) of the universe does not also hold the connotation of fearsome violence for me.

> > ParaShakti is an Ocean of Love ...without inspiring fear in even the the weakest, most fearfully ridden and tragic soul. Grace comes through Divine Shakti.> > Here is an image if you will, a trillion volts and amps of electricity does not need to willfully protect itself from anything - such is done so automatically by its inherent nature.

> > Stories, yes some are just stories. Stories, no some are actual souls and people involved in actual events and facts. > > Om> > , " bob_walk2 " <bob_walk2@ ..> wrote:

> >> > > > Hello, > > > > Does anyone know why certain Hindu images of Gods and Goddess are so violent looking, and in some cases violent sounding and or violent acting per recorded doctrines?

> > > > My take is that as soon as, or instantly so to speak that any one (whether they be human, deva, or of the Gods and Goddess's) engages in the consciousness of violence then one instantly falls into the lower astral realms or worlds because the Divine Dharma automatically and absolutely does not allow violence to exist in the higher heavenly worlds!! (or the worlds of the heavenly devas, the Gods and Goddess's, and also of the the human Masters and Saints that have attained the same) Thus how could the Gods or Goddess's engage in forms of violence and still remain in the Divine, non-violent consciousness?

> > > > Further, with evil being automatically and completely blocked from access to certain heavenly worlds, ...how could ANY Divine Being use violence against violence or evil against evil while they are acting in the lesser worlds (where btw evil is not being completely or automatically blocked) and still maintain the Divine consciousness?

> > > > Om> >> 

Oh, aye! My friend I will continue as much as I can. Right now, I am reading

parts of the Chandi and the Cosmic Puja everyday along with such chapters of the

Devi Bhagavati Purana as I can fit into the day.

Jai Shree Maa, Jai Swamiji!

Kumari

, gopal narayan <gopalnarayan123 wrote:

>

> jai gurudev

>

>

> dear friend,

>

>

> i dont disagree with u,but reading the books will definately help.

>

> pls do try it u will get loads of knowledge on divine mother,many things

> which may not have been discussed on satsang or site.

>

> om shakti

>

> gopal

>

>

> On 8/10/09, Joan Fisher <mjfisher2005 wrote:

> >

> >

> >

> > My understanding is: We ask questions in order to strengthen ourselves

> > in our path and to share with each other in satsang and strengthen all the

> > devotees. We refine our understnding of what we have read and experienced.

> > That is what this group is for. It does not replace the reading that many

> > of us do, but is in addition to that. The three helps for devotees are :

> > The guru, the scriptures and the others on the path. The satsang is like a

> > fortification we can enter to keep the world away for a few moments. I

> > myself live far away from any group like this that I could talk and share

> > with. I am so happy when people post, ask questions, talk about their

> > experiences and the tools in Mother's toolkit that we can use to keep on the

> > spiritual path. And we can ask questions of Swami Satyananda here and he

> > can share with us his extensive wisdom from years of practice and study.

> >

> > Peace to all. Jai Maa!

> >

> > Kumari

> >

> > --- On *Mon, 8/10/09, gopal narayan <gopalnarayan123* wrote:

> >

> >

> >

> > gopal narayan <gopalnarayan123

> > [www.ShreeMaa.org <http://www.shreemaa.org/>] PLS READ THE BOOKS

> >

> > Monday, August 10, 2009, 6:09 AM

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > JAI GURUDEV

> >

> >

> > dear friends,

> >

> >

> > i dont know why ppl ask questions,although its a very healthy thing

> > to ask bcoz only asking we gain knowledge.

> >

> > pls first read :

> >

> >

> > sri devi atharvasheesh

> >

> > sri devi mahatamya

> >

> > sri devi geeta

> >

> > srimad devi bhawat puran

> >

> > tripura rahasya

> >

> >

> > it is not necessary to know hindi or sanskrit,bcoz mother knows

> > all languages and she reveales herself in many forms.

> >

> > english reading will also give punay-merit and knowledge.

> >

> > pls pls pls.after reading this majority of yr questions will be solved.

> >

> >

> >

> > om shakti

> >

> > gopal

> >

> >

> >

> > On 8/10/09, bmarley343 (AT) aim (DOT)

com<http://us.mc357.mail./mc/compose?to=bmarley343<bmarley343@aim.

> > com <http://us.mc357.mail./mc/compose?to=bmarley343>

> > wrote:

> >>

> >>

> >>

> >> your own physical gentle compassionate mother, if she needs will become a

> >> fierce dark warrior and defend you from anyone trying to harm her sweet

> >> child. my mom would do anything to keep me protected. i could definately

see

> >> her turn into kali for me if she had to.

> >>

> >> its esoteric symbolism. sometimes ya get it, sometimes ya dont. hanuman

> >> is a monkey. for people who dont understand the esoteric symbolism they

> >> could see all kinds of redicule . for those who hanuman calls to they can

> >> see every divine attribute in life track back to that specific form. this

is

> >> what they are there for. it is best to practice and find out for ourselves

> >> why it is this way or that. this is what all the masters tell us. the

bottom

> >> line is that the form is just there to refine our minds, to give focus and

> >> attention. cus quite frankly worshipping a wall is boring =)

> >>

> >> i appreciate all of the passion that brother bob has stimulated in the

> >> group. its beautiful to see, pranams to all of you =)

> >>

> >>

> >>

> >> bob_walk2 <bob_walk2 (AT) (DOT)

com<http://us.mc357.mail./mc/compose?to=bob_walk2

> >> >

> >> @ .

com<http://us.mc357.mail./mc/compose?to= >

> >> Sat, Aug 8, 2009 4:00 pm

> >> [www.ShreeMaa. org <http://www.shreemaa.org/>] Re: a blunt

> >> question

> >>

> >>

> >> Hello Joan, Well said in the description of your faith in Goddess Kali!

> >>

> >> For myself the Ocean of ParaSakti without the human and or celestial

> >> aspects and forms is what I would relate to as the ultimate of Motherhood;

I

> >> may have to move on soon since I don't want to intrude on your (and other

> >> peoples) form of religion with more bluntness.

> >>

> >> Good day, Bob

> >>

> >> @ .

com<http://us.mc357.mail./mc/compose?to=%40>,

> >> Joan Fisher <mjfisher2005@ ...> wrote:

> >> >

> >> > Kali is very hard to explain and I, too was aghast at Her appearance at

> >> one time. Now, She is My Mother and I do not find Her ugly or terrifying.

> >> She is dark and powerful and beautiful. Who can explain the devotion of

one

> >> to another who cannot see the image with love? Mother is Mother, whether

> >> dark or fair, ugly or beautiful. She has taken away my Darkness time and

> >> again.

> >> >

> >> > Only a glimpse of Her is seen in human mothers, who will willingly

> >> defend their children to the death, wreaking terrible vengence. In Kali I

> >> see that Mother Who will protect me in that way. I see myself. Her love

> >> was so strong that She did not stop once all the enemies were gone until

> >> Shiva lay down in Her path and She turned Her eyes on Him and recognized

Her

> >> beloved, Her other half, Her child. I know very little of philosophy, I am

> >> not learned, but I recognize this as a true story in a deep and timeless

> >> way. Have you seen a human woman defend her self with all her fury and

> >> emotion let loose? Have you seen a bear or a lion defend it's territory or

> >> offspring? Then you have seen a fraction of Kali's nature.

> >> >

> >> > Kali's meaning is also, not to take things only at the appearance

> >> level. It is easy to love the beautiful, the placid, the calm. But,

within

> >> even the awful appearance is the loving heart. Her worship teaches not to

> >> take things on face value. God's blessings are sometimes terrible in our

> >> notion of what is bad, but turn out to be blessings nonetheless. God is

> >> beyond our notions of what is good or evil. All turns out to be good,

> >> because it all brings us to Her.

> >> >

> >> > We all fear the destruction of the Ego, but what appears to us a tragic

> >> loss at one time, when we have screwed up our lives and relied on ourselves

> >> with very bad results, then we are willing to let it go. And Kali takes

> >> that Ego, chops off it's head and carries it as a reminder that is very

hard

> >> to ignore to continue to let go of the Ego. This individual self is in Her

> >> hands, now and always. Jai Kali Ma! Victory to You, O Mother of the

> >> Universe!

> >> >

> >> > Jai Shree Maa, Jai Swamiji!

> >> >

> >> > Kumari

> >> >

> >> > --- On Fri, 8/7/09, bob_walk2 <bob_walk2@ .> wrote:

> >> >

> >> >

> >> > bob_walk2 <bob_walk2@ .>

> >> > [www.ShreeMaa <http://www.shreemaa/>.org] Re: a blunt question

> >> > @ .

com<http://us.mc357.mail./mc/compose?to=%40>

> >> > Friday, August 7, 2009, 7:04 PM

> >> >

> >> >

> >> >

> >> >

> >> >

> >> >

> >> >

> >> > Hello to everyone, thank you for taking the time to give your many

> >> replies back to this string!

> >> >

> >> > I think we have an incredible amount of material of interest here that

> >> could be further discussed.

> >> >

> >> > For instance from bmarely God is related to as, " GOD IS ALL " ;

> >> > or if I understood him correctly both good and evil. Frankly I'm not

> >> interested in a God or Goddess who is both good and evil, although I'm

> >> interested in a God or Goddess who is beyond both good and evil.

> >> >

> >> > I have somewhat of a hard time with violent images representing God or

> >> Goddess as being that which is beyond both good and evil. Or of the ideas

of

> >> violence overcoming violence in defense of natural goodness.

> >> >

> >> > I believe that many little kids get more than enough violence from

> >> various images and also in the facts of their young lives from many various

> >> sources, are they also to get it from various religions? (and it seems that

> >> most major religions have God or Goddess that are involved in various forms

> >> of violence)

> >> >

> >> > As for Hindu forms, there are many extremely powerful and invincible

> >> images (and in principles) that don't have the drastic limb and head

> >> chopping depictions (even if such chopping is only meant to be symbolic,

> >> ...btw the vast armies that have died on various battle-fields throughout

> >> history are not symbolic) Thus I firmly feel and believe that there is not

a

> >> single deva, Mahadeva, spiritual teacher, saints or masters (female or

male)

> >> that can use any form of violence against any other form of violence and

> >> remain in spiritual attainment, for in doing so they would be breaking the

> >> first and most important foundational and exacting universal law of yama.

> >> >

> >> > Sanatana Dharma is not a man made religion, thus in consideration of

> >> that very major factor it is unlike religions inspired by the

founder/Saints

> >> of other religions.

> >> >

> >> > Th vast Mystery (or the idea of darkness as being the unknown mystery)

> >> of the universe does not also hold the connotation of fearsome violence for

> >> me.

> >> >

> >> > ParaShakti is an Ocean of Love ...without inspiring fear in even the the

> >> weakest, most fearfully ridden and tragic soul. Grace comes through Divine

> >> Shakti.

> >> >

> >> > Here is an image if you will, a trillion volts and amps of electricity

> >> does not need to willfully protect itself from anything - such is done so

> >> automatically by its inherent nature.

> >> >

> >> > Stories, yes some are just stories. Stories, no some are actual souls

> >> and people involved in actual events and facts.

> >> >

> >> > Om

> >> >

> >> > , " bob_walk2 " <bob_walk2@ ..>

> >> wrote:

> >> > >

> >> > >

> >> > > Hello,

> >> > >

> >> > > Does anyone know why certain Hindu images of Gods and Goddess are so

> >> violent looking, and in some cases violent sounding and or violent acting

> >> per recorded doctrines?

> >> > >

> >> > > My take is that as soon as, or instantly so to speak that any one

> >> (whether they be human, deva, or of the Gods and Goddess's) engages in the

> >> consciousness of violence then one instantly falls into the lower astral

> >> realms or worlds because the Divine Dharma automatically and absolutely

does

> >> not allow violence to exist in the higher heavenly worlds!! (or the worlds

> >> of the heavenly devas, the Gods and Goddess's, and also of the the human

> >> Masters and Saints that have attained the same) Thus how could the Gods or

> >> Goddess's engage in forms of violence and still remain in the Divine,

> >> non-violent consciousness?

> >> > >

> >> > > Further, with evil being automatically and completely blocked from

> >> access to certain heavenly worlds, ...how could ANY Divine Being use

> >> violence against violence or evil against evil while they are acting in the

> >> lesser worlds (where btw evil is not being completely or automatically

> >> blocked) and still maintain the Divine consciousness?

> >> > >

> >> > > Om

> >> > >

> >> >

> >>

> >>

> >>

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >