IndiaDivine.org

[to Nanda abot what I am drawn to in the Chandi

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Nanda ~ what a wonderful idea. I hope everyone will add their perspective. Recently, with all the discussions about violence in the Chandi, I was reminded of one of my favorite parts of the Chandi, which is in the beginning. It is where peace is affirmed for all existence, including "all intensities of reality." My life has been full of such intensities, so this was a revelation to me the first time I came across it. I also intuitively felt that by offering peace, I was also being asked to practice acceptance. This did not come easy for me, especially since, at the time, due to an abusive relationship, I was getting to experience the intensities quite frequently. Acceptance/Peace To me these two have always seemed to go hand in hand, and it bowled me over that this was right in the beginning of the Chandi.

Jai Maa Jai Swamiji

~ Linda

In a message dated 8/15/2009 3:35:19 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, writes:

I will share some notes gained from poking around the text. These notesare not insights into the scripture, they are simply notes that I madefor myself to make the text come more alive for me. I request ourmembers to post and add notes/their thoughts from the Chandi that theyfeel drawn to, that makes the scripture come alive for them.