IndiaDivine.org

to ramya about story

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear ramya ~ please thank Shree Maa for asking you to share this wonderful and telling story. I think of those of you who live or are near the Devi Mandir, and that is one level of satsang. (In my discouraging moments, I think the best, for when will I ever be able to Maa and Swamiji again.) I have often wondered if Maa and Swamiji devotees who live near each other could form a satsang and meet for worship and celebration. I am in Lowell, Massachusetts, if anyone is near.

For me, this digest group is my satsang. It has nourished me for years and given me inspiration and hope. When I am discouraged, one or the other of my Devi Mandir satsang family lifts me up. I am also lifted just to read about everyone's experiences. And I like it very much when we do a group satsang that connects us to the larger satsang of the Devi Mandir and Maa and Swamiji. When Shree Maa or Swamiji send a story, such as this, or answer questions, then, too, I feel deeply connected to the larger satsang, and for that I am very grateful. Jai Maa!!!! Jai Swamiji!!!!

~ Linda

ramya wrote:

Here is a story Shree Maa wanted to share with all of us!The story is about how satsang (holy company) gives rise to divine knowledge.Once upon a time there were a king and a queen who were worried that their daughter was not getting married. They thought that the best future for their daughter as well as the kingdom would be to marry the daughter to a sadhu. ...A young thief hiding in the corner overheard this conversation. He thought, "Great, i just have to act like a sadhu to marry the princess and become hier to the throne. That's just what I will do!"He dressed up as a sadhu (Sadhu's usually wear saffron clothes - like you see our Swamiji wearing!). The thief went and sat down with all the sadhus. ...The messenger went back to the king and said that all the sadhus except one did not agree to consider marraige with the princess. One young sadhu alone was silent.The king asked the young sadhu to be summoned to court and greeted him with the greatest possible honor. The theif-turned-sadhu thought, "Wow, look at how much respect a sadhu gets. And I am not even a real-sadhu. How wonderful it will be to be a true sadhu and be worthy of this respect."The thief was transformed! He told the king that he was not interested in marriage or kingdom and he left to become a true sadhu!Shree Maa said at the end of this story -- Every human being should do satsang - it does not matter that it has to be only with sadhu (i.e. a monk or spiritual teacher). Do with your family. If we do satsang with our family, each family will get peace.Jai Maa!Please think about the story and share what you liked - how can we create more opportunities for satsang in our lives -- wherever we are? Jai Maa! :)

Everything as your desire Maa !!

At Malaysia Siddehswari Mandir Johor Bahru we have satsang on every Friday evening 8.00-10.00pm.

All are invited................

Jai Maa!!!

"nierika" <nierika Sent: Sunday, September 6, 2009 7:34:32 PM[www.ShreeMaa.org] Re: to ramya about story

Dear ramya ~ please thank Shree Maa for asking you to share this wonderful and telling story. I think of those of you who live or are near the Devi Mandir, and that is one level of satsang. (In my discouraging moments, I think the best, for when will I ever be able to Maa and Swamiji again.) I have often wondered if Maa and Swamiji devotees who live near each other could form a satsang and meet for worship and celebration. I am in Lowell, Massachusetts, if anyone is near.

For me, this digest group is my satsang. It has nourished me for years and given me inspiration and hope. When I am discouraged, one or the other of my Devi Mandir satsang family lifts me up. I am also lifted just to read about everyone's experiences. And I like it very much when we do a group satsang that connects us to the larger satsang of the Devi Mandir and Maa and Swamiji. When Shree Maa or Swamiji send a story, such as this, or answer questions, then, too, I feel deeply connected to the larger satsang, and for that I am very grateful. Jai Maa!!!! Jai Swamiji!!!!

~ Linda

ramya wrote:

Here is a story Shree Maa wanted to share with all of us!The story is about how satsang (holy company) gives rise to divine knowledge.Once upon a time there were a king and a queen who were worried that their daughter was not getting married. They thought that the best future for their daughter as well as the kingdom would be to marry the daughter to a sadhu. ...A young thief hiding in the corner overheard this conversation. He thought, "Great, i just have to act like a sadhu to marry the princess and become hier to the throne. That's just what I will do!"He dressed up as a sadhu (Sadhu's usually wear saffron clothes - like you see our Swamiji wearing!). The thief went and sat down with all the sadhus. ...The messenger went back to the king and said that all the sadhus except one did not agree to consider marraige with the

princess. One young sadhu alone was silent.The king asked the young sadhu to be summoned to court and greeted him with the greatest possible honor. The theif-turned- sadhu thought, "Wow, look at how much respect a sadhu gets. And I am not even a real-sadhu. How wonderful it will be to be a true sadhu and be worthy of this respect."The thief was transformed! He told the king that he was not interested in marriage or kingdom and he left to become a true sadhu!Shree Maa said at the end of this story -- Every human being should do satsang - it does not matter that it has to be only with sadhu (i.e. a monk or spiritual teacher). Do with your family. If we do satsang with our family, each family will get peace.Jai Maa!Please think about the story and share what you liked - how can we create more opportunities for satsang in our lives -- wherever we are? Jai Maa! :)