IndiaDivine.org

Chandi Homa

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Namaste!

A common question, we receive is what sections of the Chandi Path are recited on

our Sunday Chandi Homa:

http://www.shreemaa.org/broadcasts

To follow the Chandi Homa on Sunday, you need the Chandi Path book. The last

section requires either the Cosmic Puja or Siva Puja and Advanced Yajna book.

The Page #s from Chandi Path are:

Devata Pranam and Sankalpa: pp 14-33

Vedoktam Ratri Suktam: pp 86-88

Navarna Vidhih: pp 107-117

Dhyanam: page 118

Chandi Path (also known as Durga Saptashati or Devi Mahatmyam): pp 119-302

Navarna Mantra, 108 times

Rgvedoktam Devi Suktam: p317-319

Siddha Kunjika Stotram: pp 370-377

Chandi Ma ki Arati: pp 378-383

Bhagavati Stuti: pp 385-386

This completes the Chandi Homa. Homa is followed by food offering, washing of

hands, offering of betel nut, sarvato bhadramandala havanam, and purnahuti

Food Offering (Bhog Naivedyam): pp 234-235, 334-335, and 217 of Cosmic Puja book

Washing of Hands: p 221 of Cosmic Puja or p 176 of Siva Puja and Advanced Yajna

book

Offering of Betel Nut: p 235 of Cosmic Puja book or p 181-182 of Siva Puja and

Advanced Yajna book.

Sarvato Badramandala Havanam: adapted from pp 147-162 of Cosmic Puja book or pp

217-233 of Siva Puja and Advanced Yajna book

Purnahuti: pp 339-341 of Cosmic Puja book or pp 430-431 of Siva Puja and

Advanced Yajna book

We then do Arati and complete with Pranam (pp 387-388 of Chandi Path)

Hope this helps.

Love,

srini

Thanks for posting this, Srini. I will attempt to follow along. I lose the sound or the broadcasts sometimes, but at least I could be doing it here on the same day.

This is a related question: I absolutely love listening to Maa recite the Devi Pranam at the beginning of the Chandi Path Audio on the site. Are there other places where there are recordings of her as she recites parts of various rituals? It is so soothing and calming to listen to her and my chanting seems to be very strong after I listen to her.

Jai Shree Maa, Jai Swamiji!

Kumari--- On Thu, 10/8/09, srini_sadhu <srini_sadhu wrote:

srini_sadhu <srini_sadhu[www.ShreeMaa.org] Chandi Homa Date: Thursday, October 8, 2009, 7:21 PM

Namaste!A common question, we receive is what sections of the Chandi Path are recited on our Sunday Chandi Homa:http://www.shreemaa .org/broadcastsTo follow the Chandi Homa on Sunday, you need the Chandi Path book. The last section requires either the Cosmic Puja or Siva Puja and Advanced Yajna book.The Page #s from Chandi Path are:Devata Pranam and Sankalpa: pp 14-33Vedoktam Ratri Suktam: pp 86-88Navarna Vidhih: pp 107-117Dhyanam: page 118Chandi Path (also known as Durga Saptashati or Devi Mahatmyam): pp 119-302Navarna Mantra, 108 timesRgvedoktam Devi Suktam: p317-319Siddha Kunjika Stotram: pp 370-377Chandi Ma ki Arati: pp 378-383Bhagavati Stuti: pp 385-386This completes the Chandi Homa. Homa is followed by food offering, washing of hands, offering of betel nut, sarvato bhadramandala

havanam, and purnahutiFood Offering (Bhog Naivedyam): pp 234-235, 334-335, and 217 of Cosmic Puja bookWashing of Hands: p 221 of Cosmic Puja or p 176 of Siva Puja and Advanced Yajna bookOffering of Betel Nut: p 235 of Cosmic Puja book or p 181-182 of Siva Puja and Advanced Yajna book.Sarvato Badramandala Havanam: adapted from pp 147-162 of Cosmic Puja book or pp 217-233 of Siva Puja and Advanced Yajna bookPurnahuti: pp 339-341 of Cosmic Puja book or pp 430-431 of Siva Puja and Advanced Yajna bookWe then do Arati and complete with Pranam (pp 387-388 of Chandi Path)Hope this helps.Love,srini