IndiaDivine.org

Avadoota GITA READING??

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Members, Read the lower email first before reading my response to it.

Note: forwarded message attached.Send instant messages to your online friends http://au.messenger.

Dear Inderji,

This email is not to cause a controversy, I agree to Peter's view about the essential need to remember Brahma satya jagat Mithya(illusion and all search done in Dream, Infact a lot of my emails are pointing to the same truth)

The Thing I find strange is the meaninglessness he associates in reading Avaduta Gita after Aham sphurna and yet gives great meaning to japa and hanuman chalisa(asking you to continue it). Either one gives up all forms of worship, sadhana and actions like a jivan mukta(Sannyasi) is supposed to. keeping ones attention only on Atman and entertain no word, thought, deed.

Or one continues to allow body, mind and intellect to draw the bliss of reading scriptures, chanting, bhakti, nondual awareness and chintan or what ever. even after inferring the illusory/dream like nature of the whole thing and Aham Brahmasmi conviction arising in a being.Not to reach somewhere but because it gives Joy. Atma chintan does give Bliss and its done by mind to a certain extent.

Does one ignore body, mind and intellect even though we have discerned they are only part of a dream?. The fact Peter is writing an email tells me he has an active mind...so, does one ignore it? Its also understandable that he may not have affinity with certain practises and have affinity for others, for that is the nature of the mind, But the argument he has used to reject some and yet accept others is beyond my comprehension.

Aham Supharna according to Ramana Maharishi is neither Self Nor Ego, Its sort of in the middle Impermanent state of realisation rather than permanent realisation. For our relative self in which body, mind & intellect show up Aham Supharna is the best peak possible and there is no harm in following practises which work,producing satori like experiences.whether they are scripture reading or chanting or reading hanuman chalisa. Only in our Parmartha Self does permanent realisation shines ever present.This is my present understanding in this dream life and dream journey....All happening in the matrix of consciousness.Even writing this email...Amazing Kotuka!!!

OM NAMO NARAYAN!!!

Aggarwal <Inder.Aggarwal wrote:

Forwarding an email response from an old friend.

Regards.

Peter Richard [kairos]Monday, 15 August 2005 5:35 PMInder AggarwalBohot Shukria

Dear Inderji,

Thank you so much for your kindness in remembering me

with the Avaduta Gita.

There is a delicious irony here that I should like to share

with you.

Namely, once one has digested, assimilated and lived

the aham sphurana given in Avaduta Gita, all words and thoughts

as they are known on a purely earthly level are totally

meaningless. Therefore even Avaduta Gita is so...

Once Guruji asked, "For what purpose does the heart beat?"

After a moment's repose He answered His own query with,

"In truth, there is no heartbeat in the silent Bliss that is

Brahman ... the sadhak journeys, doubts and questions -

only to journey still further with the selfsame points of

reference unsatisfied".

"Until all points of doubts are seen as referring to illusion,

nothing can change... therefore it is the internal and not the

external that will bring about the realisation of aham Brahmasmi".

Inderji, I hope you continue with your nama japa / Hanuman Chalisa.

Please do give my best regards to Bina.

Many blessings,

Peter

This message is intended for the addressee named and may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete it and notify the sender. Views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, and are not necessarily the views of Sydney South West Area Health Service.Send instant messages to your online friends http://au.messenger.