IndiaDivine.org

Sri Guru Charitra - By Shri S.N.Huddar

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Chapter XI - Birth of Shri Narasimha Saraswati The ceremonies started. On the first day 'choul' (shaving the hair on the head) and dinner took place. Next day after the bath of the boy, the sacred thread was put on his left shoulder. The boy dined with his mother and other boys of his age. The father then uttered 'Gayatri Mantra' in the ears of the boy Narahari, who recited it in his mind. The mother then came with alms. After offering the first alms, the mother asked the boy to recite Rig Veda (the first of the four Vedas). Narahari recited "Agni Meele etc". After giving the second alms, the mother asked Narahari to recite Yajur Veda. Narahari recited " Yajur Veda Ishetwa etc. After the third alms Narahari recited "Agna Aayahi" from Sama Veda, the third Veda. Thus people realized that Narahari had the knowledge of all the Vedas and they all bowed to him with reverence. Narahari then said to his mother, "You have asked me to beg for alms. I would, therefore, live on begging. So allow me to go to visit the holy-places". Hearing this the parents were much aggrieved. The mother fell on the ground senseless. After recouping she said, "We expected that you would take out care. So far due to out misfortune you were not speaking. Now seeing that you can speak, we are much delighted and we think that our devotion to God has been fruitful. But now you are talking of leaving us and this make us very uneasy." Narahari said, "You need not be sorry. You shall have four sons and they will look after you very obediently." So saying he placed his palm over her head. She instantly recollected her previous life and saw Shripad Shri Vallabha standing before her. She bowed to him humbly Narahari raised her head and said, 'Mother, keep this a secret. We Sanyasis keep ourselves aloof from family life. As I have to do my mission please allow me to go.' Mother - 'Dear son, do not go leaving us alone. No religion asks one to be an ascetic in such a tender age. You should have Brahmacharyashram for 12 years. The second is Grihasthashram, the most important in all the four ashrams. After going through the third Ashram viz. Vanprasthashram, one becomes liable for the fourth Ashram viz. Sanyasashram. So say the Shastras. So study Vedas in the Brahmacharyashram. Later on get yourself married and have the pleasures of the family life. Then perform

sacrifices and thereafter become a Sanyasi. But it is not desirable to be a Sanyasi in the childhood. To Be Contd... Devotees Can Read This Book from The Book Section of www.Saileelas.org/books/ShriGuruCharitra.doc

Do you have a question on a topic you cant find an Answer to. Try Answers India Get the all new Messenger Beta Now