IndiaDivine.org

Sri Guru Charitra - By Shri S.N.Huddar

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Chapter XIII -Brahmin's Colic Pain Subsided Hearing Guru - `You shall live amicably for some years. In old age your husband will accept Sanyas. When you have leprosy, you will see me. You come to Papvinashi on the bank of the Bhima River in the South. Nearby is the Bhima Amarja Sangam and Ganangapur. After bathing in the Papavinashi, you will be cured of leprosy.' Shri Guru then went to

Tryambakeshwar, the place of penance of Goutam Muni. Shri Shankar was pleased by the penance of Goutam who brought Ganga (Godavari) on the earth for the benefit of the people. Shri Guru traveled by the Bank of Godavari and came to Manjrika. A learned Brahmin `Madhavaranya' lived here. He adored `Narasimha'. Seeing that Shri Guru appeared just a `Narasimha', he bowed to him and praised him in Sanskrit. Shri Guru was pleased and he appeared before him in his divine form. Madhavaranya prostrated before him and chanted prayers. Shri Guru then blessed him. Shri Guru then went to Brahmeshwar. Here a Brahmin suffered from acute colic pain. He was rolling in the sand of the river due to severe pain. He had to be on fast for several days. Whenever he dined he had severe pain.

He was intending to give up his life by drowning himself in the river and thus getting rid of the acute colic pain. Knowing his intentions, Shri Guru asked his disciples to bring the Brahmin to him. When he was brought before him, Shri Guru asked him, `Why are you committing suicide? This is a great sin. What is your misery?.' Brahmin - `I am burdensome on this earth. I dine once in a fortnight or a month, but I have to bear a very severe colic pain. The body lives on food and if food cannot be taken how can this body survive?' Shri Guru -`I shall give a medicine. You have a full meal today.' The Brahmin was much encouraged

with Shri Guru's words. In the meanwhile the officer of the town came to the river for bath. Seeing Shri Guru, he bowed to him with reverence. Shri Guru inquired `May I know your name and whereabouts?' To Be Contd... Devotees Can Read This Book from The Book Section of www.Saileelas.org/books/ShriGuruCharitra.doc

India Answers Share what your know-how and wisdom Send free SMS to your Friends on Mobile from your Messenger Download now