IndiaDivine.org

[Smarthrugaami-Dattavibhavam] Jagadguru Dattatreya-testing nature

Rate this topic

Guest guest

||Sri Gurvae Namah|| ||Jaya Guru Datta Sri Gur Datta||Dear brothers & sisters,Just as Gurugaru mentioned in this thread, a Guru never tests a disciple as such. It is how we percieve it. Guru purifies the mask through which we look at what we experience in this world. He provides a transparent magnifier which if focused properly leads to a way of welcoming more difficultie because it is dificulties which keep us near the Guru's feet. We will start appreciating the fact that it is "he who is doing it". Just as it is said in Guru Charitra the concept of a Guru is "a light through which one can distinguish between truth and false". The 2nd, 16th, 40th,41st, 44th and 48th chapters of Guru Charitra provide a better understanding of the true nature of a Guru.||Anyadha Saranam Naasthi, Tvameva Saranam Mama||||Jaya Guru Deva Datta|| ||Sri Gurubhyo Namah||datta_gururaya <datta_gururaya wrote: Dear Members! Pranams! I am giving the article given by one of the devotees of Sadguru on testing nature of Jagadguru. Please understand the nature of him which is vary from one person to another. "Sadguru subjects his disciple to several tests" – that is what most of us understand. Let us not confuse the wayward nature of our mind and our unstable devotion as 'tests'. Even after attaining total devotion and knowledge, if we encounter instability, then we may consider it as 'test'. Till such time, whatever we may face is

not 'test', but the foul play of our fickle mind. There is a tendency in us (when we face difficulties) to say 'the Almighty is testing me'. But when we are happy, we will not say 'the Almighty gave this happiness'. This is because of the ego. Money, education, inheritance - all these cause ego. Therefore, we must try to surrender the ego emanating from all these at the feet of the Dattaguru. Do not nurture it. It is not enough if we make big donations. We must get rid of the ego which our wealth caused in us. We must surrender the ego of knowledge at the feet of the Sadguru. A seeker will naturally possess some amount of surrendering attitude. But there will be some ego too. A Sadguru will uproot the ego just as a farmer removes the weeds and facilitates proper growth of the useful crop. Thus, a Guru is a spiritual farmer. Sometimes the Guru functions like a washer man. A washer man washes

different clothes differently. For e.g., he will hand wash the silk clothes, and hard wash thick materials like blankets and bedspreads. He knows how to wash which cloth. Similarly, the Guru will schedule a purification agenda for his devotees on individual basis. To some, He gives the benefit of touching him, while some others may get the blessings through His eyes. To some, He may give initiation with a mantra. This should not be mistaken for partiality. All patients coming to the hospital will not get the same prescription. Sometimes, the Guru works like a spiritual goldsmith. A goldsmith melts the gold in a furnace and beats is well. It has to be done methodically. It is an art. Only those who have mastered that art can make ornaments. Similarly, the Sadguru subjects His true disciples to various difficulties during the course of making him a realized soul. It may appear as though the Guru is

behaving mercilessly and unfairly. In reality, the Guru does not have any prejudices. The disciples should have firm faith, backed up by intelligence and if they and patience to these, their spiritual goal will not be distant. :: avadhootha chinthana shree gurudeva datta :: subrahmanyam.bharathula datta_gururaya smarthrugaami-dattavibhavam Languages are different - but the thought is one Sounds are many - but the Rhythm is the same Cows are many - but milk is the same Gurus appear many - yet He is only one." ------education never ends----- ramakrishna venkata b-tech dep of material science iit-bombay

Find out what India is talking about on - Answers India Send FREE SMS to your friend's mobile from Messenger Version 8. Get it NOW

My dear ALL GUTTA BHAKTAS, I totally agree that GURU TESTS HIS DISCIPLE"S FAITH TIME & AGAIN.I went to KURVAPUR in KARNATAKA y'day via Jadcherla,Mehboohnagar,Makhthal & then to the DUTTA SHRINE.When we started at 4 am,it was threatening to rain very heavily with strong chilly winds.Some of us doubted whether we shud go.I insisted & we left.I drove all the way.Except for drizzle here & there,NO STORM of the predicted cyclone until we reached Kurvapur,crossed the Krishna river in the buttis,had darshan & performed RUDRABHISHEKHAM,performed pradakshinas,partook the prasadam,crossed the Krishna river back again in the buttis,had darshan at the Panduranga Vithal temple,proceeded to the DUTTA Peetham,had darshan & performed DEVI POOJA.It was when we were comfortably seated in the Dutta Peetham & having some hot tea offered to us By.MRS.ANNAPOORNA that it began to pour like cats & dogs.It poured heavily

for the next 2 hours & we were in the warm company of the pandits in the peetham.Just when we decided to leave,the rain totally stopped.We had a very smooth drive back to Hyderabad.It is after we reached home that it began to pour down heavily again.WHAT DO YOU SAY OF ALL THIS ?.IT IS HIS WAY OF TESTING MY FAITH IN HIM,I GUESS.WHEN I DECIDED THAT I'LL GO,COME WHAT MAY,HE SHOWED US THE WAY TO HIM.Then he saw us back home safely & then let nature do it's bit as the predicted cyclonic storm.All thru'the journey back,we were just wondering what if it had to pour down so heavily while we were crossing the Krishna River in those small butties ? obit-----Fight back spam! Download the Blue Frog.http://www.bluesecurity.com/register/s?user=ZHJwcmtwcmFzYWQzMTIz

Want to be your own boss? Learn how on Small Business.